+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should i do?

What should i do?

Hello, i have been with my boyfriend for 10 months. A few months ago he has moved in my town, not far from my house. In the last few weeks i couldnt see him making any effort and i told hom about it. He knows that i love him a lot, but i dont think he is any interested at me. Let me just tell you a few stories which happened this week.
    I stayed at his after work on monday, i didnt see him for long as he was up early on tuesday for work. I didnt see him tuesday evening.
    On Wednesday i went there before he came back from work. Once he came back i ordered a pizza and we were waiting for it to turn up. At that time he started talking about his brother. I have never met his family or friends so i asked him to show me a picture of him. Once he did, he also showed me pictures of his sisters. I then wanted to go through more of his photos on his mobile but he stopped me, told me that he doesnt go through my pictures. It felt odd so i gave him my phone and asked him what he is hiding. He then started saying he doesnt hide anything. I thought I just let it go, its not a big deal. When we woke up on Thursday morning i was in my cuddling day, it actually was a day when 10 months ago we first went out together. I kept hugging him all morning and he told me that my hugs annoy him, that he is not a huggy person. It did upset me. I asked him what we are doing on saturday as really wanted to go out. So i came up with ice skating and said that it could be a bit of fun, he then said he doesnt know. A few hours later he said that he doesnt fancy skating in a circle. So i told him that i am really trying and asked him to come up with an idea.
    Then on thursday evening he told me he wants to stay alone, fine I thought he does it often anyway.
    On Friday i asked him what we are doing on Saturday he told me that he doesnt know. He then told me that he is going out with his friend. I asked him to put some effort and surprise me on Saturday.
    On saturday i woke up at 9 and asked him whats the plan. I got no reply, so i drove to his at 3 pm, but he didnt open the door. I called at 4 but he didn't answer the phone. So at 5 i drove there again, he opened the door, he was playing PlayStation. I asked him why he wasnt replying, but he told me that he only just woke up. I asked him whats the plan, he said that he wants to stay at home, play PlayStation and just chill out. I looked at him and said that its 10 months we are together and my birthday next week and as im working i next week i want to do something.he said he knows, but still chose PlayStation. He told me that i keep moaning and asked me to leave. When he said that something inside me broke, i looked at him and asked really? He said yes. He had my house key on the table, which i picked up and tried to give him his key back, but i couldnt take it out of the key ring. He was getting angry i could tell, i tried to give him a hug and he told me to get off him. He then stood up, opened the door and told me to leave. I left, but i just dont know what to do. All together i was there for 15 mins, i love this guy. He tells me he cares for me, but his actions speak differently. Please let me know what you think.

Wow. I don't even know what to say here. He is an ASS. Ok so obviously he has lost all attraction to you. I don't know why. It could be so many things. It really doesn't matter why. Your next step needs to be to pick yourself up, do something that makes you happy and CONFIDENT and move on. Dont contact him and dont think about him if at all possible. If he really loves or cares about you he will reach out. If he doesn't then your better off leaving him in the dust. I'm sure you deserve better than that. He is a kid so just leave it be.

BTW: Sometimes guys just say they love and care for you after they dump you because they think it will make you feel better. They want it to end without breaking your heart. Could also want to keep you on a tight rope in case he wants to come back after exploring with other girls.

Thank you for that. We work together in one work place, so wanting or not i will need to keep seeing him.
    He knows i love him as i only told him that first time ever a few days ago.

OH well if you just said you love him he may feel a little cornered or smothered. Give him some space and time to think. Let him miss you and think about you. If he loves you too he will come back to you. Again.. if he doesnt then there are so many fish in the sea.

I will not message him, but its not the first time he made a situation like this. I just cant see any effort from him.
    I will give it time and see what will happen

Well the key is you cannot make him want you or be attracted to you. He is being a baby I think. Damn. Im sorry you have to put up with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Who123 View Post
    I will not message him, but its not the first time he made a situation like this. I just cant see any effort from him.
    I will give it time and see what will happen
    Why? so you can see it happen over again? How many times does it take? You two are too different to be together....he is being too much of a coward to break up with you.

He is 30 years old and he chooses his PlayStation over me.
    I can see your point and yes it will happen again.

Listen....you both are not being unrealistic, or bad people, you two have very different expectations. He likes having his space, and do his own thing, and you want someone who wants to spend their time with you....see the issue here? You two are not right for each other. Nothing wrong with that, that is what dating is all about...you see if you are compatible enough to say... eventually get married and have children or whatever future you hope for.

He's letting you know he doesn't want this relationship while trying not to cause a lot of damage, maybe because you work together. When a girl loves a guy it's pretty hard to break her heart. But some guys don't realize their actions hurt that girl more than just letting them know it's over. I would suggest you get over him while you can, it's been only 10 months, imagine what a relationship of 2 years would do to you.