+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Take a Break or Break Up?

Take a Break or Break Up?

Being together for 1 year going on 2 years, my Boyfriend and I have done nothing but fight since 2016 began. Him and I have sat down talked things over time and time again and every time things are in the clear, we get right back into fighting. We'll hang out once each week and the day before or the day after fights. We have even talked about taking a break with no communicating whatsoever. Or taking a break and dating other people, then coming back together to see how we feel. To even breaking up altogether and maybe getting back together after the break up. But yet nothing has been put into effect, because we're both afraid to do it, and afraid to loose each other and be alone. What should we do?

Fighting = Unhappy
    Constant fighting = Not compatible.

I'd say break up.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

You've been together long enough for the relationship to progress to living together but yet it hasn't. Not sure who has caused that not to happen but you don't seem to be on the same page with each other from all the stories you tell us on this website. So I would have to be in agreement with breathe123 and break up since neither seem willing to change or amend for the other. Find partners who better suit the both of you.

Him and I don't want to loose each other though. We both care and love each other a lot.

Then what is with all the stuff you post on here, half truths or venting? If you don't want a break up, take a time out because things need fixing, you have told the forum as much yourself.
    ~ GL with which ever you choose.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Quote Originally Posted by breathe123 View Post
    Then what is with all the stuff you post on here, half truths or venting? If you don't want a break up, take a time out because things need fixing, you have told the forum as much yourself.
    ~ GL with which ever you choose.
    Its all true. We have tried time outs and it doesn't fix anything. We still fight, like tonight we fought the night before we are suppose to hang out, and tomorrow we are suppose to hang out and will probably fight, and then the day after we hang out we will fight. He says everything will be alright but all we do is fight. Every time he calls me or I call him, and we talk, I have an attitude in my tone of voice, and he doesn't like that and hangs up on me, and refuses to talk to me until I calm down. That hurts, and it happens a lot. Same thing is happening with us hanging out, he says we will hang out then the day of he cancels. But yet he says we are fine and everything is alright. He then goes on about complaining about driving 45 minutes to 1 hour, and driving here and there and this and that. It just never ends or stops. There's so much complaining and so much fighting I do not know what to do anymore. I feel very unhappy and I cry every single day and feel miserable at that.

Sometimes love isn't enough, yanno. Take a break, maybe in that break you'll each make the required changes needed to have a good relationship.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

It sounds like the relationship has run its course and you are both too afraid to say, "let's call it quits". From what it sounds like, it doesn't seem worth it to keep beating a dead horse (for lack of a better cliche metaphor). You will both be happier out of this relationship. Who knows, maybe down the road you can come back to each other and revisit the idea, but that usually only works out in movies and in insane people's imaginations. I think you two should both focus on your own lives, separately. It's not worth the constant fighting and wasted energy.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Well the break is almost done with come this Friday, so we will talk things over and see where it goes.