+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this an appropriate question for a girl?

Is this an appropriate question for a girl?

Hello!

There is a girl I've known for a few months now, and I'm very certain she's liked me ever since we met, and still does. Lately I've developed an interest in her as well, but now she has a boyfriend (and even though it probably sounds like it, jealousy isn't what has made me interested). I think it's rude to ask her out now that she has a bf. But what would you girls think if a guy asked you something like:
    "Can I ask you something? You don't have to answer if you don't want to... I know you have a bf, but if I would have asked you out before meeting him, would you have said yes?"

How would you react if you liked the guy/didn't like the guy? Would this make it too awkward to still be friends? I'm thinking this is a way to sort of ask her out, and not technically asking her out at the same time, thus not being rude.

We are both around 20 years old.

Grateful for any thoughts and comments!

If a guy ever asked me that, I would wonder two things: "Why didn't you ask me this before I started another relationship?", and "Why the f&ck are you asking me this at all?" It's a pointless question and since she has a boyfriend, it is inappropriate. And saying, "can I ask something, but you don't have to answer"... is juvenile. If you wanted to date her, you should have asked her out before she had a boyfriend. Now she has one and it's not fair to even ask her if she would be interested in dating you, because that is entirely hypothetical and just weird to ask.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Don't ask, if she ever breaks up, jump on the situation & quickly ask her out if you are single then. It's not appropriate to ask her that question now, it is only for your own ego.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

You would look like you have no confidence....turn off. Don't ruin it for yourself.

If you want to play the game, hit on her anyways. Ask her out in a smooth manner, when she says I have a BF, you say that's ok, if you ever change your mind you know where to find me...smile, be nonchalant, walk away with a swagger. it will have her thinking about you a lot. She will have mixed feelings of maybe some anger, but with flattery and wonder....that's where you will have her for sure. When you show that kind of ballz you increase your desirability.