+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Would it make sense to be with someone that likes you more than you like the person.

Would it make sense to be with someone that likes you more than you like the person.

I still haven't found the right person to be with yet. I was wondering is it better to find someone that likes you more than you like the person to be with. I think at least the person will stay with you right. I wonder if I would like the person more as I spend more time with him though. Any advice would be cool. Thanks.

It's actually better if you're on mutual ground with your level of attraction to each other and what your expectations are in terms of your level of commitment to each other. However, I prefer when the other person is more into me than I am into them. It makes me feel more secure than if it were the other way around. Having said that, you should be with someone who lights up your day when you are together and whom you respect, care about, have fun with, and think is attractive.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Hi there. Well depends like Melan said above is better that you have a common ground in your feelings but i heard and also saw cases in witch the girl was not so much in the boy but eventually she gave him a chance and now they live happy for several years now married. Now you need to give them a chance, who knows they might surprise you . Best regards, Leo

No, wouldn't that be considered... settling? and settling for anything isn't considered a positive.

Well, I guess it depends. For example, some people just tend to fall harder faster. If the only reason Person A is more into the relationship than Person B is just because Person B doesn't move quite that fast, then that may NOT mean that they shouldn't be together. In other words, if you are as into the person as you would be into anybody at that point, then maybe that is just your personal natural course of things. Even so, if the difference is wide enough, then that may still be a problem.

Now, eventually in any relationship you should be on pretty even ground. If you are just not that into him because you simply are just not that into him, then maybe it is best just to end things. If you aren't really all that enamored of him and don't see that changing, you would just hurt him more by dragging it along.