+ Follow This Topic

Thread: It keeps going wrong

It keeps going wrong

I met a guy 3 years ago on a night out through mutual friends. He came on a bit too much and I snapped at him. I apologised to him when I next saw him when he was next out which he was fine.

Over time we got to know each other and had lots in common. Months later I told him I liked him and he said he had lost interest and that I had my chance back then. His comment made me realise he had not let that go.

After that we always had nice chats and he seemed interested. He added me on Facebook on New Years Day last year which surprised me. In November 2015 we strangely got matched on eHarmony. He saw my profile so I messaged him, he sent an automated response saying he 'wanted to get to know me' but did not respond to the message. I closed the match down a week later as he was supposed to come out with mutual friends but chose to go out in his hometown instead. He knew I would be out so I felt he can't have been that interested. Friends have since said him saying he wanted to get to know me was his response - I feel sick now I have realised that.

Today I deleted Facebook messenger as I keep using my phone too much, an hour later he deactivated his Facebook profile. I just don't know what is going on, I know he is shy and I know I might have been in a rush to close the match down. Anyone got any advice as I am sick of this ongoing situation which I find quite upsetting.

Anyone got any advice?