+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does it make sense to be with anyone just cuz you don't want to be alone though.

Does it make sense to be with anyone just cuz you don't want to be alone though.

I am sad that I haven't found anyone that wants to be with me ya. I don't know why no one is interested in me though. I don't like the feeling of being alone. I just want to be with someone ya. Should I just be with anyone that likes me so that I can at least not be alone though. Any advice would be cool. Thanks.

Personally, I would say no. Someone once used this analogy to describe love to me:
    You sit by a tree on the side of the road, waiting for the special someone to walk by. But there are many people who walk by during the time you sit there. Sure, if you never bother to call them over and spend time with them, you'll never know whether he is the one. But at the same time... if you are always with someone just to be with anyone... you may just miss the true special guy walking by while you're preoccupied with someone else who won't mean anything to you after some time.
    Don't be with someone just to be with anyone. It not only keeps you from meeting the special someone, but it also hinders that person too. Learn to be independent and self-sufficient. That's the first step to a healthy relationship. In my opinion.
    Good luck bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Em_1051 View Post
    Personally, I would say no. Someone once used this analogy to describe love to me:
    You sit by a tree on the side of the road, waiting for the special someone to walk by. But there are many people who walk by during the time you sit there. Sure, if you never bother to call them over and spend time with them, you'll never know whether he is the one. But at the same time... if you are always with someone just to be with anyone... you may just miss the true special guy walking by while you're preoccupied with someone else who won't mean anything to you after some time.
    Don't be with someone just to be with anyone. It not only keeps you from meeting the special someone, but it also hinders that person too. Learn to be independent and self-sufficient. That's the first step to a healthy relationship. In my opinion.
    Good luck bud.
    Em, that was just awesome! That was such a great way to put it. I don't even know if I need to bother to add anything. LOL! I will add my thoughts on the matter, though, because this is a discussion near and dear to my own heart. ....Well, at least to the cold black void where I am supposed to have a heart.

Though I have lately felt like this part of me is gone (and a large part of me doesn't miss it and doesn't want it back) throughout my whole life, I've always been a bit of a romantic. I've been in love with the idea of love. I've so badly wanted to find that special someone to share my life and my love. I've felt/known in my heart that I had such capacity for love and I wanted so much to share that with a special woman.....

Even so, I have always been also very logical about it and I would NEVER even dream of being with somebody JUST so as not to be alone. For me, there could be no more devastating a fate. I would rather live my life alone (a fate I've now accepted is inevitable for me) rather than to be with somebody I do not truly love, and/or who does not truly love me just so I could be with SOMEBODY.

I may have given up hope that true love exists for me, but I have NOT given up hope that it does exist. It IS out there for you. You WILL find it if that is what you truly want. Please don't settle for being with somebody just for the sake of being with somebody. Wait for somebody you truly love. Don't get me wrong.... In no way am I suggesting you become overly picky and expect perfection. I'm just saying, don't settle for somebody with whom you don't really want to be/somebody you don't really love and/or doesn't really love you, just for the sake of not being alone.

Honestly, just as I feel anybody would, you would be much better off learning how to be happy with just yourself than you would be to settle for being with somebody who was really not right for you just because you don't want to be alone.

Good luck to you, really. I sincerely hope you do find your right guy, and I hope you find him very soon. For now, though, you really need to learn that there is an AWESOME person right under your nose that you are forgetting.... YOU.

So true don't be with anyone because you might not see that special someone who is meant for you.