+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Are these my friends?

Are these my friends?

Since I was a kid, I always had these friends/neighbors, and we are still friends to this day, no longer neighbors, because they moved across town. But over the years, we I would go over to their house and hang out, and they would sometimes invite me out to go with them to the movies or hang out etc. But I noticed that they recently had a wedding for their oldest sister, and they never invited me, and then the three sisters have been doing activities together, with themselves and other friends, and don't invite me. Its like I thought we were friends, we had known each other for a long time, and are friends, so why didn't they think of me?

My parents think, they don't invite me to their events, because their's drinking, smoking, or they probably figure I wouldn't be interested or busy. I don't drink or smoke or do drugs, and I don't like being in those environments much, even though I like going to concerts from time to time, and that stuff is around it. But anyway seeing these friends, or even other friends of mine, doing things with other people, and then not invite me, sucks, OR if I invite them to come and do an activity with me, they never come through, hurts me.

What do you think? Do you think, they just think I wouldn't be interested or busy or they just don't think of me at the spur of the moment? Me personally, I never have anything to do, I am always at home, doing not much of anything, so I always have free time to spare, so thats not an issue. I rarely go out. So don't understand why people even my friends don't like doing things with me.

Could you perhaps suggest doing something together. Or invite them to an event your hosting and see if they turn up?

I have asked them to hang out sometimes and they are never free.