+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I have a really cute date but i'm an alcoholic ?

I have a really cute date but i'm an alcoholic ?

I developed an alcohol problem when my girlfriend broke up with me 2 years ago, it has recently gotten to the point where i went from downing half a handle of vodka a night to downing 190 proof ever clear. half a pint..... i'm in my last week of college and a couple of weeks ago this really cute girl i know hit me up on facebook, she wants to hang out with me and made it sound like she just wants to know about my college, i'm really interested and i can tell she is too, she said i'm looking forward to it with a smiley face. I also had like 4 dates this semester at college, 3 of which i wasn't really interested but it's weird i have been alone for so long and now a lot of girls are interested. My issue is, i have had extreme depression most of my life, my mom has it worse then me and my grandma, my dad and brother abuse the hell out of alcohol, i'm a recipe for disaster, i'm not fat by any menas but i'm heavier then i was when i met this one girl i'm into who wants to meet up. my jaw line is no longer visible according to my roommate and my family commented on my face being swollen, and i can tell it is from the alcohol, i look in the mirror and don't see myself anymore, i don't recognize the face i see and yet, i wake up and study until i go to bed, a task i hate with a passion, i feel like a machine, i can't go to AA my family doesn't know i have this issue and i don't have money to get my car insured and on the road yet, i'm just struggling with finals, i'm afraid this girl wont like me the way i look now and i have insomnia issues, long before alcohol, depression, no sleep, i feel alone and i'm scared, i want her to like me and she does already but i'm not the same looking as i was when i saw her years ago, the dates in 2 weeks, i need to stop drinking but studying all day from 8 am to 10 pm and then.... staying awake in bed all night just to take an exam in the morning, i'll be so freaking depressed, how do i find the strength ?

You are a typical alcoholic..... you make every excuse in the book to not seek out help. Call AA. They have meetings going on everywhere 24/7. There is probably one in your area at 12 midnight/ 2AM, etc. Some people even have meetings at a private residence so it is accessible by anyone. They will partner you up with a sponsor that you can call if you need to talk to someone any time you need help. NO MORE EXCUSES. Stop hiding it. Admitting that you have a problem is the first step...the next step is getting help or asking for help. Don't kid yourself, everyone knows you have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    You are a typical alcoholic.....
    Sweet and gentle words from Smackie lol !
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

you guys are so unsympathetic, i guess i need this tough love... it's not easy really, breaking an addiction on top of trying to study 24/7 and everything else in life.

There isnt an easy way to quit addiction but there is one for sure. This I been watching a while ago, find again for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=G5ZYV-IMIUU

There is another addictions video on the same channel if you want to look for it.

I feel for you mate cause I know how it is since having enough addictions on my own.

What about girl - I can suggest you to stop wanting more from yourself - dont want yourself to look or be better, just accept yourself as you are right now and love yourself, look in a mirror and smile at yourself, adore yourself. Anyway Look at yourself from a positive point of view. Realize that your problems are turnoff for a girl only when they are not at ease with them. So first of all you should be comfortable in your own skin and you do that by accepting who you are and your past. The things that not perfect about you could make girl even more attracted to you since they make you more attainable and more human. SHe might not think shes perfect herself and when she see that you are not perfect either she might start to feel like she deserves you. Also you dont have to say whats wrong with you cause she will see it by herself soon enough.

Theres a lot you can do that could help you with girls but generaly you have to change mindset and also big sucsess with girls comes when you are just trying best man that you can be. But dont aim for perfection cause its a very dangerous mindset and can destroy rather than help.

Besides some girls like alcoholics. I remember on this forum there was a girl who went on a date with guy and his hands was shaking - he was alcoholic and used to drink a lot. She took his shaking hands in hers and held. Isnt that sweet? When you show your vulnerable side to girls you either get friend zoned or showered with love.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 29-04-16 at 06:33 AM.

I did find another good video on addictions. It have some good tips on overall addiction topic.

youtube.com/watch?v=YdwY5w2efuc&feature=youtu.be

Maybe this will help. It really helped me. You will not be disappointed! Since I cant post links, copy and paste this in your web browser.
    6f2a2jtfviq-00sp9p0l1onh1s.hop.clickbank.net/