+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ignoring and avoiding eyes contact

Ignoring and avoiding eyes contact

Hello everybody

First of all, sorry for my english and the mistake I can make, I'm French.

Then I need your help because I'm in a situation that makes me thinking and thinking and I cannot find an correct answer.
    So here it is:

I know a man (he's my teacher) and I started to like him. I immedialy thought it was impossible and so I did not tell him my feelings.
    But I think he knows, he may has noticed it in my behavior that changed when I started to feel in love.
    And he started to look at me, little. But I notice he was nice with me, was listening to what I said and all of this stuff that show me interested in what I say and what I need. He was taking care of me too when I wasn't happy. Always checking if I laugh when he says something funny. Our looks could last for 4-5 seconds and we often looked at me. I could touch him on his shoulder and he didn't retreat.
    His behavior changes, he was more nervous when I was next to him and when we were in group, he looked everybody but not me. One day he was just ignoring me in a group until another guy came and talked to me so my teacher stared at me and I did the same and then he looks down.
    Another day, I think he he deliberately, pushed me gently.

One day, when he was speaking to another person, he started gazing at me for I don't know how much time but really a long time. And this "game" lasts I think 2 weeks minimum but I tend to say 1 month.
    So I started to really fall in love and all his eyes contacts made me desire him.

One day I was with a friend of mine and another girl and my teacher was there but didn't see us and the girl started to say: "Oh the guy has hug her and it was so nice" so I replied "But it was the guy who wanted to do, NOT ME". Few seconds after, my teacher turns around, look at me, then at the guy, and at me again and says for me "Ah ok" and tells us "Good morning" then he walks away. Then he looks at me so frequently. But the same day, on the midtime, he stopped to look at me when I talked to him.

But now for about 1 week, he's like ignoring me at all. He don't look for me anymore. He does like if I don't exist. When I talk to him, he never looks at me but straight ahead in front of him. I think he's just abandoning me so I'm sad.
    But even if he doesn't look at me, when we talk, he's so nice, and talks slowly and his body is I think like turning to me because one of his feet is pointing foward towards me.
    So he's avoiding eye contact. When we are far away from each other, he doesn't look at me anymore and ignores me (before he was always looking at and for me).

I'm juste attracted by him. Why does he react like that ?

Honey
    Let me get straight to the point:
    Where do you think this situation is going?
    I fell in "love" quite many times real quick. Just like you. This atmosphere and the looks.. you just fall.
    But I think you need to take a step back from the situation and look at it for what it IS not for what you want it to be!
    There's a big differenve between both things.
    The reality is: there IS nothing but looks. And you can interpret literally almost anything in these looks. And we tend to interpret the way we
    Would want it to be. There 3 things: thoughts, words and actions. All this IS are thoughts based on your way of thinking.
    The only REAL thing that matters are ACTIONS. Now, I don't want to hurt you and I don't want to sound harsh because I truely want to help
    You in your Situation.
    Let's say he starts looking at you again. Where do you want this to go? In every way I am all for love. But there are tons of amazing man out there who will take ACTION. And you won't have a mess like that. This will bring up lots of complications to your life in case this goes any further and most likely you will end up hurt in some way.
    The very best I can give you is this:
    ONLY fall for action. Because it always speaks the truth. You don't ever need to worry about what something means and start to interpret things. Actions speak very loud. And that's the only thing you should listen to. :*

Thanks for your answer !
    I understand really and I posted here because I needed some points of view.
    And when you talk about actions, I think there may be some actions like he was taking care of me.
    Helping me when I needed. He listened when I was down and asked me some times why.
    Did things that seemed a little bit different from other girls in my class. He remembers details about me, these same details that I don't have any memory
    There are not acts like a guy in love will do to seduce a woman, he doesn't touch me but when I tried 2 or 3 times to be just next to him and "touched" him he didn't refuse it. And he's gently moking at me (but he does the same to other students) and talking to me in a way he doesn't talk to other I think (I will try to see).

And you're right, it can have a lot of complications but at the end of the year, I won't be his student anymore and I'll go to university.

So I really want to listen to you and at the same time, I think every day to that situation