+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can love actually end just like that? Can this be true?

Can love actually end just like that? Can this be true?

Hi! I would really appreciate if anyone could help me with this. I don't know where else to go, there has to be someone on this earth that can relate to me or guide me. I'm like really driving myself nuts because I don't know if what I feel is just confusion or if I already made my decision and don't want to accept it. I must start by saying I have been married for 12 years now. As any other marriage we have had our ups and downs and easily move on. He's a perfectly unperfect person and I am as well. It has never being a problem. We have a daughter who is now in fourth grade, when I got pregnant I was half way in College but I stopped. I left College because my pregnancy was high risk and then they told me I couldn't have anymore kids and so I decided to stay with my baby. Even though I was a stay at home mom I also worked from home so income has been harsh on us but not a problem since we both bring bread to the table. However, my husband tends to complain a lot, he's somehow not happy with most of his works or the people near him and so he has left many jobs because of that. A few years ago, I decided I needed to finish my College degree and motivated him to do the same. He was excited at first, he started studying and it was a great thing for both, somehow he started failing and he got angry because I was doing better. He would make me feel like I always wanted to be the better person and made me feel miserable for getting better grades. So I stopped studying to help him finish first, I did get frustrated but thought it would be better if he finishes first. After I left College again, he did it as well 6 months later. So we got in a huge fight because of that, I felt I was not living so he could fulfill his dreams but he was not doing his best part. Well, still nothing has ever being big enough to separate us. We went into another phase in which he started working far away and we only got to see each other on the weekends, still only grew us closer and stronger in my opinion. However, last year I decided to give College one more try. Husband started working again far away and I decided it was time for me to go back to College. He was supportive and told me he was grateful for what I have done and that I should finish first my studies. With his blessing, I started College, oh my, how good I felt. Getting good grades, getting finally on track of my own dreams. However, I was so busy working, College stuff, my daughter school stuff and all the house stuff, everything that sometimes we didn't call each other. Then, if I called him, he didn't wanted to hear about how my day was going because he didn't wanted to hear about problems or busy stuff. I was so frustrated because who else can I even talk about if it's not him. He will constantly interrupt me or ignore me and forced me to tell him all about happy stuff. He wouldn't talk about him. My daughter used to cry every night for her daddy and when I told him even that bothered him. I felt frustrated, angry, confused. For me communication is essence and If I don't talk about how I feel...about what I think, I just don't feel important or needed anymore. Somehow that made me kind of distant, I started talking to him just the necessary and living with my daughter as I though we do best. I stopped asking him for advice and I stopped waiting so anxiously for the weekends so I could see him again. The last four months have been the worst, we just fight every time he comes, we barely talk on the phone since I accept I don't really want to NOW. We have sex for compromise, because he wants to but after we are finish is just a living nightmare again so he makes me feel used. If I want to have sex he can't and he won't do it and he makes this expression on his face that makes me feel the most unwanted woman on earth even though he says I'm beautiful and that the problem is not me. I stopped caring for sex, I stopped caring for buying sexy lingerie or making him a special dinner. I am on a point in which I prefer to be talking with anyone else on this world except for him. Two months ago I tried to talk to him about it, I cannot lie, I cannot pretend so I told him straight the things I feel, we ended up fighting and ended with no resolution. I told him I was not feeling my best, that I feel I'm not being the best wife I could be for him and don't get me wrong but he can have many imperfections but he's a good person and a good dad. He didn't payed too much attention and just got mad at me. But, he started calling back again and trying to be nice and it made me feel angry because why now? I see that he's trying but I just don't want him to try anymore. I feel like I don't want him anymore, that all of a sudden those little things bother me more than everything we have live together. All of a sudden, I feel good just sleeping alone, I feel I want and enjoy being alone. Today I told him I don't think I love him anymore and he said he felt the same, however, he hasn't talked to me in the whole night. He also told me he sometimes prayed that I would dump him so that he could be free again. I must say I felt a relief but seeing him not talking or looking at me breaks my heart, really tears me apart. I question myself if I really stopped loving him or if it's just a phase. I lived many years doing his way but not in a bad way that I forgot to live how I wanted and now I don't know if that's whats really gotten into me. I feel and I am a horrible person, I don't think those little things can end up a marriage but that's what I think. I don't miss him, I don't fancy him, I don't think about him in a head over heels manner but in a way where I question myself what life has prepare for both of us. Do you consider love can end up like that because if you ask me a year ago I would deny to death even considering divorcing him because he was the love of my life. Today, I just want to see him happy but not with me. Can love actually can just stopped? Do you consider it's a phase or that it's pretty obvious? Thank you for your attention, I know it's long...

Hell, I`m not reading all that. Why so long? The answer is know, the answer is that in which case the love was not genuine love. But genuine love, whilst it can never become hate, can most certainly fade away. You are then left with simple friendship. There are many forms of love, but this is how truly genuine unconditional love operates. Bare in mind, it is a rare commodity, and much love which is claimed to be truly genuine when put to the test truly is n`t. Love which has to say for an individuals ego can absolutely never be genuine love. Psychopaths have the largest egos. Fading takes time, so the answer is no. Erotic love can die in that moment of removing dress.
    Last edited by Kates David; 11-07-16 at 02:13 AM.