+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Signals from guy friend

Signals from guy friend

Hi--
    I'm 41 and going through a divorce. Husband and I have been separated for 7 months and things were bad long before that. It's tough, but I'm feeling okay about it.

Recently a guy friend of mine invited me out for dinner, to catch up. We've known eachother for years but rarely get to hang out. I have always felt like there was a buzz of attraction between us, but nothing has ever happened because we were both in other relationships. We have just always been good friends.

I've hung out one on one with other guy friends before, but it's never been like this. We got burgers (not a big deal, right) but then ended up talking for almost five hours straight, going on a long walk, talking, joking, laughing, more talking. Nothing at all happened physically but I felt like the connection was just insanely good.

Problem: he already has a girlfriend of several years, and like I said, I'm still in the divorce process. Do I tell him about my feelings for him? Do I keep my mouth shut out of respect for his girlfriend? Do I put the whole thing on hold until my divorce is complete? Do I just let this play out? I need a male perspective. If this happened to you, would you want your female friend to be honest about her feelings, or would that just be weird?

Keep your mouth shut. How would you like it if your longtime BF had one of his friends profess her love to him in hopes to have a relationship and ruin your relationship? Not kool. even if he leaves his GF, the chances are pretty high he will go back to her and leave you out in the cold.

You are not in any position to be getting involved in an affair with a taken man. You need time to heal and casually date other men for awhile. Just saying.....anything looks good on the menu when you have been starving for awhile.

"Anything looks good on the menu when you have been starving for awhile".....ain't that the truth.

Oh ya been there sister! lol