+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Date advice

Date advice

I am a noob in dating with no experience . So I really need someone to enlighten me on this topic.

Where can I go for a date with a girl?
    What can I do?
    What topics can I talk about in a date without talking about schoolwork?

Quote Originally Posted by Demo View Post
    I am a noob in dating with no experience . So I really need someone to enlighten me on this topic.

Where can I go for a date with a girl?
    What can I do?
    What topics can I talk about in a date without talking about schoolwork?
    1: You can go everywhere. Beach, bowling, dart, football and so on. I would recommend a place where you can talk and see each other (donīt go to the cinema. Itīs boring and you canīt talk).

2: See point 1

3: This depens on the girl. But there are a few "girly topics". Here some examples: Zodiacs, Handreading, Animals and gossip. But in the end every topic is fine.

Donīt worry about all the "details". Just ask a girl out and have some fun with her. Itīs easy.

Agreed with Sandboxxing. You can really go just about anywhere and do almost anything. I'd say a good first date, though, is somewhere in public, but where you also have some privacy. A restaurant, for example. There are other people around, but you are at your own separate table where you can have a private conversation and enjoy each other's company. If you two are still young, it doesn't necessarily need to be a super fancy restaurant, but definitely not just something like McDonald's. LOL!

I actually think going to the movies is perfectly fine for a date..... but NOT for an early date, and certainly not on the first date. To me, that is more something you do on date night with a steady relationship. For exactly the reasoning Sandboxxing provided. In a movie you can't talk (or at least you damn well shouldn't). So it isn't conducive to getting to know somebody.

As far as what to talk about, it doesn't hurt to have some ideas, but don't over-prepare. Really, just go and enjoy her company. Ask her some stuff about her, tell her some stuff about you. Honestly, if you two go well together, the conversation will just flow naturally. If you find that you two have nothing to talk about, that may be a good sign that perhaps you are not quite the right match. That is one of the ways you sort of determine whether or not you have things in common/get along with somebody when you date them.

It sounds a lot easier said than done, believe me, I know.... But, once you actually get there you will see that once you get over the initial nerves it will flow naturally. Good luck!

Thank you guys. Really appreciate your advice

Take your date anywhere, except extreme romantic places. Talk with her like a friend and make her comfortable to be friendly with you as well.