+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how do i make him care? can you even make someone care?

how do i make him care? can you even make someone care?

I've been dating this guy for almost seven months, and I don't think I've ever loved someone as much as I love him. When we started dating though, my depression wasn't an issue. I could function normally, I wasn't irritable or nihilistic, I was myself anyways. But here lately my depression has been the worst it has been in years. I haven't self harmed in over two years and suicidal ideation has been a foreign concept to me for quite some time until now and its honestly all breaking me down. The worst is that I feel like he doesn't care, or at least he hasn't showed that he cares, and it breaks my heart. I don't think he knows that I've been cutting or that I think about killing myself but I know he knows somethings up because I've talked about it with him before (I even brought up how I'm considering taking antidepressants, which was a hard thing for me to consider since I'm pretty anti-antidepressants. He also doesn't like them but had nothing to say about it???)
    I just, I don't know. I feel very alone and he's not particularly helping and I just want to know if he cares and if he does, then why he won't show it.
    And I can't tell if its my depression clouding my perception of the situation or if he just really doesn't care. I don't know I don't know I don't know.

Could you see your DR. to adjust any meds you are taking for depression or if not taking any meds see which ones would aid you best to level out how you are feeling? Have you told him you love him, or keeping it to yourself for now?

~ Ok since you returned to cutting you need to get on meds, or find a less harmful way to get your stress & pain out, sports, writing, drawing something that fuels whatever is causing you to cut so you can fight it or re channel it. Don't be anti - antidepressants it can help people, & tbh your doctor will see if that is actually best for you, sometimes talk therapy works great too & removing anything or anyone toxic in your life. He doesn't get a say in how you treat your own health though, only to support you when you do, imo. Your body/mind so your decision.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ