+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Separated guy ends it what now?

Separated guy ends it what now?

My bf of five months is going through a divorce. We had a great connection and he said he was falling in love with me after two months. The divorce is getting increasingly nasty and obviously affecting him. He just broke up with me, saying he could let himself fall in love with me so easily but can't let himself and needs time to heal from his marriage. He messaged next day to say he has set up counselling and will sort everything out; I told him to take the time he needs. He messaged again the day after that to say he loved every minute we spent together and he has been messaging daily. How best to manage this situation?

Give him support, but don't let him keep you are arms length. Go out and date other men. Don't put your life on hold.

I agree with [MENTION=43247]hazey[/MENTION] daizy. The best option is to give him space and let him heal from this. It wouldn't be a good start to a relationship to push for something before he is ready. He needs to deal with his divorce and then maybe consider being in a relationship. It's not a good idea for you to sit and wait around for him, because who knows how much time he needs and you shouldn't allow him to string you along. If I were you, I would cut contact with him, and focus your energy on your own life. Start dating other people and move forward in a positive light. The timing just isn't right for you and this guy, and there's no sense it trying to force it.
    "Caring is not an advantage."