+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I added my crush on snapchat but he hasn't added me back

I added my crush on snapchat but he hasn't added me back

I added my crush on snapchat and put a picture of me on the snapcode to make sure he knew it was me, and Its been quite long now but he hasn't accepted.

Can you talk with him in real life? If not then try to chat with him on FB or somewhere.

Give it some more time to add you.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Ok thx I'll give it some more time

Is he also your friend, or a stranger? You called him your crush, do you personally know him?
    If not maybe he won't add strangers to his account, lots don't they only have rl friends on.
    Does he have a IG, is it public? Add him on that if public he won't have to confirm you like on other social accounts.

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

Agreed with the others. If you HAVE other ways of talking to him, try there. Can you tell if people have been on Snapchat? I don't use it so I don't know. I ask because maybe he doesn't use it that often, so perhaps he just has not even been on since you added him.

When it comes down to it, I wouldn't speculate too much based upon social media. People put way too much importance in that stuff these days. If you CAN, talk to him in real life, not just on some online app.

Exactly how long is "quite long." How long has it been since you added him? Either way, really much better just to converse with somebody in real life rather than on an app. Otherwise, you'll always drive yourself crazy with speculation. If he seems uninterested, then just move on. Don't waste your time. On the other hand, maybe he is interested/could be interested, but just doesn't use social media all that often.

He may not use Snapchat often, so he might not have seen it. Or like the others have mentioned, he may not know who you are. If you know him in real life, you should talk to him in person and get to know him that way. Too many people place far too much weight into social media interactions, and we have grown so accustomed to the immediacy of social media interactions, that forming real-life relationships becomes much more challenging. If you know him from school, or work or some other social activity, try talking to him and ask him out for coffee or something. If asking him out sounds too brazen for you, then try bringing up any kind of conversation with him to get the ball rolling.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Thanks all.. he used to have instagram but not anymore. And were not strangers to eacher

Social media certainly CAN be a great place to both keep up with friends and make new ones. It can create new friendships and even relationships..... I just wouldn't rely on it as your go to method. Especially not in a case where there are other options. I mean, if it is somebody you met ON social media in the first place, then that may be the place to START to get to know them before going further. But, somebody you actually know in person, it is much more ideal to just use social media as an additional tool for getting to know/keeping in touch with them.

I will say this.... The very fact that you say he USED TO have an Instagram tells me he probably isn't a huge social media person. So, it very well COULD BE that he just hasn't been on Snap chat to see you added him, or he uses it so rarely that he didn't bother to add you back even if he did. People who are super into social media don't tend to close down their accounts.... EVER. LOL! So, the very fact that he HAD an Instagram and later shut it down gives evidence to the theory that maybe he's not a big social media user. So, if you CAN talk to him face to face, better to try that.

Yh i agree with u maybe he doesn't use snapchat a lot as he did delete his instagram. Were in the same french class and when it's just me & him outside waiting then he'll say something but usually just something like is the teacher inside ect, were not that close for me to ask him what's his snapchat also im not that confident to do that

Nisa you should get good in socializing in general. Talk with many guys. You know like say Hi to random guys in public places. Some will respond some wont, but you can warm up like that. You see even when you talk with a lot of people and become social its not forever, you can become introverted again if you stop it. So constant social exercises should be performed. Theres a lot of exercises how to kill ego and dont give a damn what other people think of you - that makes it easy to talk with guys. Also confidence comes with experience and a lot of freedom in socializing will come after having sex for first time. So basically you have all ahead of you, just google stuff I mentioned and use the knowledge in real life.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I always think even if you are somewhat shy it is better to talk to people in person first, work up some kind of acquaintance and then go on to adding each other on social media but connect first in real life, and real time so you can establish something genuine between each other. Just online can be cold and distant and easy for someone to dismiss you and not get to know you.