+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I don't know

I don't know

I have no idea what to do, what to even say, I couldn't even ask him to dance with me I was on a working trip working with a band take pictures and create art work and play violin for them but this one happened to be in Tennessee and I saw a man down there who I regret now not asking to dance with and truly get a chance to talk too and now I'm in another state messaging him and liking his pictures online but that just isn't the same I feel like I missed a huge opportunity to roll the dice and go with it take his hand and never let him go I feel like I missed out on getting to know an amazing person and a true friend I'm wanting to take another trip and to see him again or if I need to wait it out have him to come me instead but what good is waiting around for that to happen I don't think he'll get it...my whole life would be different his whole life would be different can I do that to him? I like him I want it to be need I take this trip and ask him for a dance....

How well do you know this guy? How far apart do you two live? You said you are in different states, but that could mean an hour by car or it could mean four hours by airplane. So, it sort of depends on the distance. You say you have been able to keep in touch with him online. If you two are geographically close enough, why not just use that as an excuse to ask him out? If it makes you feel more comfortable, you can first get to know him a little better. The internet is a wonderful tool for just that.

But, considering you seem to still be in touch with him, then you've not missed your opportunity yet. Heck, this may even be better. You never know, maybe he'll turn out not to be right for you after all and you'll find that out before you are already too attached. Or, maybe the more and more you learn about it, the more and more you'll feel he IS right for you. Then at least if you decide to ask him out, you can do so feeling fairly confident that you feel he has enough in common with you.

If you two are a great distance away, though, it honestly may be best just to move on. Sure, long distance relationships CAN work, but they rarely do. Unless you two are fairly close, or there is a conceivable time where one of you could move closer to the other, long distance relationships are often a bad idea. If he's not meant to be that does NOT mean you missed out on your chance to be with the right guy.... it means he wasn't the right guy. He's still out there trying to find you. I'm not saying he's not the right guy. He could be, I don't know. I'm just saying, if it is meant to be you two will find a way to make it happen. If it doesn't happen, then it just means there is somebody else out there for you.

Good luck to you either way.