+ Follow This Topic

Thread: When a girl you're dating stops messaging?

When a girl you're dating stops messaging?

So I have been speaking with a girl now for couple weeks (I know it's short) she's 22 and I'm 26

I recently came out a 4 year relationship so the dating game is little strange for me..

Anyhow. We have already been out twice, for a meal and then we just visited a Christmas type market in the evening.
    Both times she messaged me after saying she had an amazing time etc as did I.

I get attached so easy and I hate it, always did in the past, to the point I feel stupid for it.

Anyhow, we were messaging as usual few days ago and she just stopped texting, she hasn't text me since, but she's been active on her message and seen her active on social media. I can't work it out?
    Is it likely she's just thought, can't be bothered anymore? Do girls normally do this??

- - - Updated - - -

Bump - as this forum being spammed

And re-bump to get this above all the BS spam.

Anyway, you say it has been a few days, so that really is too soon to say for sure. It could just be possible that she's been super busy. You say you've only really known her for a couple weeks, so that is really not enough time to know if this may just be normal for her. Sometimes people just aren't in touch as often as others may be.

I definitely do agree with you that it is at least cause for concern, but I wouldn't jump to any conclusions yet. Just keep trying for now.... but only to a degree. At some point, if you keep trying and she continues to seem so unavailable, then it is time for you to move on. You need somebody who will make you feel like a priority, not somebody who will make you feel like you have to fight for her attention.

And, frankly, if she's just super busy or just not one to be in touch that much, it's not like she's done anything wrong. It's just, if she isn't as available as you would want a potential girlfriend to be then you may just be better off to find somebody else. Good luck either way.