+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Taunted by ex girlfriend. What does it mean?

Taunted by ex girlfriend. What does it mean?

I'm really curious as to why me ex girlfriend would taunt me.
    Here is a short back story if you haven't read my post in the broken heart forum.

My girlfriend broke up with me because I wouldn't marry here. She got back together with her cheating ex boyfriend of three years and within 7 weeks after breaking up with me, they were married. I loved her very much and was extremely heart broken. With that said, from time to time, I look at her Facebook page just out of curiosity. I don't know why. After all this time, I still miss her. We are no longer friends on Facebook and I cannot see what she posts. But she has posted a couple things and left it open for everyone to see. For instance, she posted that she was having lunch with her husband at the restaurant where we had our first date. Why would she do that? Is that to hurt me? To make me feel bad because she broke up with me or is she still thinking about me and our first date?

I know her marriage is not going to work out, the guy is a womanizer and she said he didn't make her happy when they were together prior to our relationship.

Well man it seems like you made too big deal out of marriage and because you didnt had what she wanted, she moved on. If you liked her so much then should have married her. Now you didnt so move on, forget about past. Tell girls on the first date that you dont want marriage. Will save some time for both of you. You made your choice, so did she. In the end you both got what you wanted - you didnt get married but she did.

Its a new year and new life coming. Find some breakup guides on how to move on from ex and follow them. Will save you lot of time.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 27-12-16 at 02:03 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I know I need to let go. There were so many red flags in this relationship, I was completely blinded with love for her and I wasn't able to see the forest through the trees. I've been married twice and said to myself that I would never marry again. I've been in other relationships and have fallen in love but never so deeply as with this one. I don't think I have hit the bottom after she pulled the rug out from under my feet. I don't know what I'm feeling, whether it's the fact that we are not together anymore, shame for allowing myself to get so emotionally attached or anger for being played as a fool. Given time, I may have agreed to marry her but it was too soon. She wasn't patient enough to give to time to allow the relationship to blossom.

Like you said, I need to just let it go but the fact that I'm still curious and looked at her Facebook page and found that she is taunting me just added fuel to the fire.

I think she knows you still check on her online and she wanted you or maybe others to see certain things because for it to be public she has to set it that way especially if her account is mainly set to private. I know girls who have private accounts but posted wedding and honeymoon pictures to rub it into I don't know whos faces. People can be petty and spiteful, nothing surprises anymore. Take a break from looking, she isn't work the heartbreak at all.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

I know all to well that I need to walk away and not look back. But there's still some lingering emotions that draws me to look. If she is taunting me now after several months must mean she is still thinking about me. If she broke up with me, why would she want to rub it in my face? I know she made a huge mistake by jumping into marriage with this guy, I know it will not last and I feel sometimes she will contact me at some point in her life and tell me I was right. But this is her 5th marriage and I wonder if she'll ever learn her lesson.

Can you care about her in a way that it won't affect you? if not you have to cut ties, it hurts to much when care, feelings, love are only one sided and not equal. But is she thinking about you in a way that is good? That's the question for you to ponder.Some people like I said are petty and like to hurt others it makes them feel better, if she was happy in that relationship she would feel the need would she. Do you think even she knows it won't last? I bet she does even before she said " I do " she may just be in love with being married and the person she is with is meaningless, she just doesn't want to be alone and single.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Lovebroken, you have made some very good points. I've spent a very long time analyzing the reason she broke up with me and came to the conclusion that she is in fact in love with being married.

Someone said that if you love someone, you want them to be happy. I believe that if she had married someone else, I would feel better about it but then again, who would marry someone after knowing them only a few short months?

It has been several months since she broke up with me and because it still hurts so I must still care and there is no way it cannot affect me.

Is she thinking about me in a way that is good? At this point, I really don't know. I was very good to her when we were together, there were some rough times but it wasn't tumultuous. We had a lot of memorable good times together.

After the breakup and after I found out about her getting back and marring her no-good ex, I wrote her a letter and didn't say very nice things. So I think she maybe trying to rub my face in it. Is she truly happy? She maybe now but I'm sure in the end, it won't be.

I would really like to move on, it's been very difficult and I still think of her on a daily basis. I've thought about writing her a letter saying that I'm still here if things don't work out.

She's not taunting you. You are creeping her social media and finding meaning in her posts where there likely isn't any. I suggest you block her so you can't see any future posts. That way it will be easier for you to move on.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

You and everyone are absolutely right, I should not and I have stopped looking but yes she is taunting me. I used that as one example. We are not friends on Facebook so I cannot see her posts, the posts that I can see are open to everyone and there has been some significant meaning referencing something I have said or somthing we have done together.

Unless she is direct messaging you or tagging you in specific posts, she is not taunting you. You are reading way too far into her behavior because you aren't over her. You need to block her and then the perceived taunting will end.
    "Caring is not an advantage."