+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I want my puppy back

I want my puppy back

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 2 years, and have never had a perfect month without a fight or problem. Thats not an exaggeration. A few days ago I decided to adopt a puppy and I fell in love with her instantly. I only spent two days with her and i could already tell she would become a huge source of therapy for me since I have some personal mental health issues. I live on a college campus and cant have pets so it was decided that my boyfriend would keep her at his place until I could get situated. We had an argument yesterday over him lying to me a few weeks ago, and I finally had it with his compulsive lying because its hypocritical as hes the type to call me yelling or accusing me of cheating if my details of whereabouts arent believable. Pretty detrimental behavior.

Now hes leveraging my puppy on me saying that my anger over him lying is a sign of mental instability and that i am not capable of keeping her and loving her so I'm not allowed to come to his house to pick her up. Honestly at this point i dont care if he cheats on me or anything, i'm not surprised by his deceptive behavior and i just want my puppy. I only had her for a few days and she really made me feel so much better and hopeful. I worked really hard to save up the money to buy her, and now he thinks because he potty trained her and she sleeps in his room that i dont provide anything so its not my puppy. But i bought her food and took care of her when i could before he took her away from me so hows that my fault?
    I really hate him

Well if you bought a puppy then its yours. Kinda weird actually cause theres so much free dogs and people giving away puppies for free. Anyway dont let him steal her from your. Later you will only be more angry about it if you let him get away with it.

I know pets can help a lot. I was close to death when phone call saved my life. Then I got hamster and it made my life better cause I had someone to take care of. So alone I was before. So yeah if you wanna keep what you love then never give up.

In a world gone mad,
    In a place so sad!
    Sometimes it's crazy
    To fight for what you believe!
    But you can't give up,
    If you wanna keep what you love!
    (Keep what you love)
    (Keep what you love)
    (Keep what you love)
    (Keep what you love)
    Never give up, no!

https://youtu.be/rq2LA3Rouqs?t=2m37s
    Last edited by pcmaster; 20-01-17 at 02:10 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I think it's irresponsible of you to get a puppy without a place to keep it. I understand you paid for it and it's your dog, but you should have made proper living arrangements, or had the dog approved by your landlord, before getting her. This is why so many dogs end up in the pound, because people are selfish and only think of what they want and how a puppy makes you feel, rather than what is actually best for the dog. Figure out what you can do in regard to keeping the dog at your place, and then go get your puppy.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Hmmm hard situation. I"m not sure what the legal options you have to force him to give you back your puppy, but that would be the ONLY way you could get him back.
    Oh i guess you could play dirty and say that the puppy is lost and report it and put flyers up and when people see the puppy with him - maybe societal pressure could force him to give it back.

If it were me... I would just let the puppy go or just ask to visit now and again to make sure it isnt being abused (b/c then you can report puppy abuse and that is a legal option to force the issue). My guess is if you don't keep begging for it backthen the truth will come out if he truly wants the puppy and take care of it, or if its just a power play to keep you connected to him. If its' the latter he will within a few weeks be telling you to take the puppy back. If not, let him have the puppy. you only had it for a few days and if he's taking good care of it - and since you don't even have a home for it - the puppy is better off there.

Remember.. whats best for the puppy is most important there - not what you want. The relatioship part its important what you want... but not the puppy.