+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Valentine's Day Dilemma

Valentine's Day Dilemma

Hi guys/girls, as you all would know, Valentine's Day is looming and i have a really interesting dilemma here. Do chip in your 2 cents here

So here's the story, i have a not-so-close female friend that i am interested in but I don't think she is interested in me. Also, she is a really kind and shy girl that would not know how to say no. She does not have a previous relationship before and rejected (really shyly) a guy that tried to woo her.

Now, what i wish to do is to dedicate her favourite song (A Fingerstyle Guitar Cover) for her on Youtube this valentines but i am afraid she might really suspect that i am into her and would shy away from me thereafter. Would it be okay to do so? I would think saving this dedication for her birthday which is around June, would have been a better idea (because MAYBE we might progress a little as friends by June but the same can be said otherwise). I also do not wish to drag this long because i'm afraid i might lose my feelings for her as well... the song would be meaningless by then.

Do help me out guys, thank you.

Just do it and see how she responds to it. You're overthinking this for sure.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

The thing that never works in dating/relationships is the "out of left field, had no idea it was coming" dramatic thing we do to try and "impress" somebody or "let them know our feelings". This is because that is not what makes relationships and especially isn't how women come to open up and trust a man to let them in. (clue: never go out with a girl that's looking for this stuff. they are the worst...)

Talk to her.
    Get to know her.
    Enjoy our time with her.
    And see how it goes.. is it compatible or not? is she opening up to ou or not? does she act interested or not?

There is a saying.. and its somethign more people should understand and go with. and that is... "if you don't know the answer you're going to get from a question, then don't ask it." Meaning.. by the time you ask somebody, you should already know they want to say 'yes' - if not.. you can pretty much assume the answer is 'no' and you have to work more to get to a point where you know they will say "yes".

Now i'm not saying wait 5 yrs to ask them out. There are little signs you can tell pretty quickly if they will say 'yes' or not.

Never do the out of left field, had no clue it was coming, gave no clue you were gonig to do it - to ask somebody out for the 1st date.

Agreed. It's like the surprise birthday party; not for everyone. Spend time together and it'll become clear.

Sweet idea! Go ahead and do it.. it will make her smile