+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Some advice for a relationship problem

Some advice for a relationship problem

Hey,

So I chose the ask a female forum to see what you ladies think of this situation.

So I've know this lovely girl for a couple of years now, I won't say her real name here so we'll call her Freja.

In October we started to date, it was the first time I had ever experienced what felt like a dream come true. Saying everything was perfect was an understatement. We'd laugh at absolutely ridiculous things, play video games online together until 3am and just have great fun. So about 6 months down the line she started to... appear distant. So I asked her what the matter was, and the good thing is we communicate well about our problems and we still have really in depth conversations. Basically after a couple of hours she told me that she does love me and have strong feelings. She said she doesn't want any issues between us like a normal relationship comes with and wants permanent peace between us. She said she'll always be there for me and I said the same. But... I can't just let her go. I've had a couple of relationships here and there and I've not been happy.

But with this one, Freja made me more than happy, I felt at total peace with her. We sometimes talk more about it and she tells me she feels horrible for doing this to me. I feel there is something I'm missing. And this is what I ask advice for.

What should I do with this situation? I don't know weather I should give her time to figure out herself, or to wait a couple of weeks and flat out tell her that I want to continue. Is there any way I can do anything to help her feelings towards me? I just don't want to go straight in with my emotions all over the place like they are right now. I'm finding myself torn apart and it's not easy to word things without making myself sound pathetic or weak. Some people tell me to move on, right now I cannot even think about that. I cannot just let somebody like this leave my life. She feels the same and I don't want her to be in any bad relationships if all fails between us. She's already had an abusive relationship before she met me and I don't know what I'd do if the same happened to her again.

Any advice is welcome.

Thank you.

Give it a few days first. Sort out your thoughts then speak to her. Then you'll know if to move on.