+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Please make this feeling go away...

Please make this feeling go away...

I'm on an emotional rollercoaster. These feelings come in waves. My chest feels tight and I want to throw up. Trying my best to hold my feelings at work but it's hard to focus.

I've been through worse break ups but why does this one hit me so hard?... I know if I can open my heart again and put myself through this pain. This is torture!
    Easy comes. Easy goes!

dont fight it. dont try to deny it. dno't try to invoke it. Just ride the wave and let the wave be and do what it wants.
    thats the best way to let it pass as quickly as possible and get bak to being you.

just let it be and let whatever happen happen. dont question it...

Hang in there.

At the end of the day, i realize it's me fighting myself and hurting myself. There are good days but the bad days are worse and tourtore. I wish I didn't have to feel this way.

i know i know. none of us do. but i promsie it hurts much less for much shorter time if you just go with it and let it be.
    if you need to cry.. cry.
    if you need to go find somewhere to scream until you can't scream anymore (i HIGHLY recommend this.. you actually feel NO STRESS after that!), do that.
    if you feel uncharacteristically happy and giggly - smile and giggle.
    just go with it and do what the body needs to do and i promise it will pass much easier and faster than if you fight it.

going with the flow and just allowing what's needed at the moment is always the best way to approach anything in any situation in life. its when we think too much about the past or think way too much about the future (while ignoring the here and now) that life gets complicated, hard, and not so enjoyable. So just focus on now.. right now. be it how much youre enjoying the movie you're watching. how delicious the meal is that you're eating. how good it feels to drink that ice water or hot coffee on a cold rainy day.... enjoy how restful it is when you lay down to sleep and get sleepy and how warm/comfy you are .. etc.

focus on that to distract you and it will help.. i promise.

also.. try to find some activity or project you can focus on and do to distract you for the time being until it all passes. try and go do something you enjoy or havne't done in a while (b/c you were in the relatinship lets say)... maybe something you need to catch up on that your newly found free time can afford you to do.

all these things will help! and of course.. *hugs* help too from friends that support and care about you

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement. It's hard but I will try.

Take care of yourself. It will get better.

Thank you Pistach1985. I have good days and bad days but slowly and surly it is feeling better.