+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Visiting Another School

Visiting Another School

A short Bio on me,

I'm 16 years old and moved to a different country around 2 years ago, and I've yet to get a relationship, and I would very much so want a relationship. (I've never had a serious relationship prior) At the moment my class is visiting another school to understand what it's like to be a student there, to see if we're interested for next year. We started on Monday, and our last day will be next Friday. The current school I'm at, only has around 100 or so students. Whilst, the school we're visiting has over 500 I'd imagine. I was considering trying to perhaps find someone I'm interested while I'm there but I feel it would be very strange to just walk up to some random girl and start talking to her. I've been considering asking a friend that goes there to see if he'll help me meet some girls but, I'm not sure if that sounds right.

TL;DR
    I want to try and develop, or start a relationship , with these two weeks I'm visiting but I have no clue how to do that.

*NOTE* I'm not perfect at the language yet

success in dating hardly ever happens when your goal "is to find somebody". it is not attractive. people tend to get a weird vibe from you - and walk away.
    what you should be doing (and what wil make you more successful in findign somebody) is to just enjoy yourself, work on you and having a great life WITHOUT somebody else in it. (if you can't have a terrific time with yourself - what makes you think somebody else will decide they can have a great time with you?)

People migrate towards people that have a great life and seem to be having a great time regardless what's goign on.
    People do not migrate towards people that seem to be unhappy and are desperately trying to find happiness by finding somebody else.

People tend to become interested and want to be aroudn people having a great time - not people spending all their time looking to be with somebody else.

Understand?

Enjoy your school. Study hard. Relationships and dates come and go - but your education, career, and livelihood is the [URL=http://www.loveforum.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1[/URL] thing that dictates what life you can lead and what your life will be like. FOCUS ON THE [URL=http://www.loveforum.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1[/URL] thing first! Dating/relationships will happen on their own and be very much based on the [URL=http://www.loveforum.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1[/URL] thing you develop.

Good luck!

I`d disagree, and I have never had a relationship, or even a friendship for that matter, by chance alone. If there`s a girl you fancy give her a salute, and the next time you pass her, as you begin to look her way, trip over, not right over, just trip a bit, say "sh..", make her laugh!, it will, or otherwise she`ll bore you to tears in any kind of relationship, so do n`t bother. Only ever do this routine the once, but sometimes it can develop from there. On another level forget that the girls are girls, absolutely totally forget, they`ll be attracted to you for sure should they first realise that you are totally at ease around them, for that makes you one of them. Humour on one hand, bur ordinary conversation on the other. There are loads of old adages out there but not many of them are worth the time of day. We are programmed to believe all kinds of nonsense where it concerns relationships. To join them in conversation become one with them. Succeed in this and they`ll adopt you. Do nothing and nothing will consequence, that`s a given. I`m not sure you came here to be patronised, did you? The only issue which is any of my business is the one which you have brought to collective attention. What I think is totally ridiculous here is the mixing of children, 13/14 yrs, young adults, 15/16/17 yrs, and adults 18+ yrs, the putting of them all in the same group for purposes of relationships, and merely because they are all referred to as teenagers. So what?? - Somebody invented the word teenager, but on the ground, in the real world, it alters absolutely nothing pertaining to any single one relationship. These are separate social groups to be dealt with separately, or at the very least to be split down the middle. At eighteen you may be ready for friends fifty years your senior, but you are definitely not at thirteen, or likely sixteen for that matter.
    Last edited by Kates David; 02-02-17 at 01:31 AM.