+ Follow This Topic

Thread: a virgin and had 1 bf, is that bad?

a virgin and had 1 bf, is that bad?

I had 1 bf and it was when I was 14, I didn't have any relationships after that. In college, I busied myself with my studies and went straight home after school since my parents were strict. I didn't have any suitor back then because they said I looked intimidating and a snob, thus resulting to my awkward self right now. Unfortunately, I became socially awkward, I find it hard to talk to people especially the ones I'm not familiar with. I've asked my 4 sisters for advices, the advice is always change yourself, but I find it extremely difficult, I get extremely nervous infront of guys. a lot of My friends say it is because i was too sheltered.

you're doing perfectly fine hon.
    never worry or apologize fo being a virgin - there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with it
    never worry about how many partners you have had or not had (or relatinships) at whatever age.
    and definitely never worry about whether you've had kids or been married or not by a certain age (or if you've married many times by a certain age).

NONE OF IT MATTERS.

On your end.. at 14 and at college. really. anything under 30 or really even under 40 - don't worry about it. Most relationsihps are not successful at that stage and hardly anybody anymore ends up with anybody long-term at that age successfully for the rest of their lives.

So as i see it.. that's all "experience and learning and exploring" time to try, see, and discover things. Don't be in a hurry.. and don't push it. just go with it and enjoy and let life tell you what's supposed to be what - because I DO PROMISE YOU - asl ong as you keep your mind open and eyes/ears aware - life will make it VERY OBVIOUS what's supposed to be what and what you should do

As weird as that sounds.. BELIEVE ME ITS TRUE. The only time its not obvious is when you distract yourself with enough distractions you can't see clearly (like worrying about what everybody else thinks or how it'll look to everybody else, or whats the rule for this and what's the normal for that....)

Good luck!

Let me tell you my story.

I'm a bit like you. I don't go out much and have a really hard time meeting new people. But anyway, when I got to 23yo I decided it was time for me to get out there because I WANTED a boyfriend (not because anyone told me I should have one).

So I went to Tinder, because to me that was an easier path. I had the internet to protect me at first... I could take time to answer to the guys, and ignore them if I felt like it.

Eventually (after passing all the guys looking for booty calls) I met a guy. Our first date was great, he was very respectful. Then, after about a month, I told him I had never had sex before and he was cool about it, because by that time, we liked and trusted each other enough.

Some weeks later, we had out first time, and let me tell you, make no mistake, I do not believe there is such a thing as a perfect first time. It was awkward, and somehow uncomfortable... But I felt he was the right guy, and he was really understanding, so despite of everything, it is a very sweet memory of mine.

So don't worry about it. Once you feel like it, you will find your own path.

I can see where you coming from. If you are uneassy around people then you should juat nit use tgat as an excuse but push yourself into social situations. Comfort and confidence will come from experience. Its like training and warming up.

Dating sites are good to find dates, especially for girls theres a lot of choice. So find someone with who you can chat well and tgen after week or two jump into a date. Really it takes jump to meet someone from internet, but its worth it. As for the sex, decide if you want to just get over it or make it special.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

With the right guy, it won't matter. I didn't lose my v card until I was 22 and I dated a guy who called me a freak and made me feel really terrible about it. I dumped him and dated another guy and he was fine with it and I ended up losing it to him and dated for a few months. Wait for the right person

There is nothing wrong with that! I didn't lose my virginity until I was 18 and it was to someone I spent 4 yrs of my life with. A lot of people also wait til marriage. i have a good friend from high school who is very religious and is saving herself....she is 26 now. The awkwardness....you just need to put yourself out there! Fake it until you make it. Trust me, I understand it's easier said than done. But once it's done it is an amazing feeling! I was deathly shy when I was a kid (I almost drowned once because I was too scared to scream for help!) I was shy all the way up until I got out of high school....and now 7 years later, after many changes and many fails and embarrassing moments....as well as many, many successes I have reached the point where most people could never tell I used to be that way! It is never too late to do what you want. If you want to be less awkward you gotta work for it. It will be hard but I promise you will love yourself in the end and forget all about those things that made you nervous. You know how many women WISH they could say they were as pure as you seem to be? You got a rare treasure that you should be very proud of!