+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should i do????

What should i do????

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I have been seeing this guy for 3 weeks. We have lots in common and everything was going really well. We met on match and we both decided to hide our profiles so we can focus on each other. Everything changed last night when I had plan to meet my male friend for dinner. My friend asked out to dinner before my guy asked me on the date. I told him I have made plans already but he said he really wanted to see me. But I told him that I didn't want to cancel dinner with my friend because he asked me out the last minute. I told the guy I am dating that I am meeting my friend (which he knew about beforehand) and I asked him to join us for dinner. He refused to come out with us. However, he asked me before I met my friend if I am ready for my "date". I told him that this is not a date because my friend is married and we have been platonic friends since 2009. When I came back after dinner, I texted the guy and we talked...from his texts I could clearly see he was upset I went out. he told me that I have made a choice and prioritize my friend over him. Than he told me that I don't owe him an explanation and that I am free to meet whomever I want. I told him that I am not seeing anyone but him and that I didn't meet "whomever" but I met my friend I knew for years. He told me it was my choice even though he was not upset I went out. Last night I couldn't sleep so I checked match...he was on the first time in three weeks. I couldn't sleep at all. I texted him this morning and I asked him to meet for lunch or I can come over his place to talk about it. He couldn't do lunch so even though I work late today because of a meeting, I will cut my meeting short and I will go meet him. We talked a little through text again this morning. He said that we should enjoy each other and have fun but also continue with our lives and meet with friends. I saw him on match this morning too. I didn't understand what he meant. So I asked him if he wants to date other women while dating me (knowing he has been on match). He told me that he didn't say that and not read into it more than it is. He said I have the right to go out with my friend and I shouldn't be affected by the situation. Really??? He affected me...because I think he is contradicting himself...he tells me it didn't bother him to go out with my friend but on the other side he told me I have prioritiezed my friend over him. Than...it is the match thing...he actually hidden his profile on match again but I can still see that he is on. "Hidden" means when other people cannot see your profile BUT we can still see other people and write emails. I am going to see him tonight.....what should I do??? What should I say???? DO you think he wants to date other women now that I went out with my friend??? Do you think he just wants sex with me??

Please respond ASAP as I have to see him in few hours and I need some guidance.

Thank you!!!

drop him... he's trouble.

Thank you so much for your prompt response. Why do you think he is trouble?

This guy is overly possessive, jealous and controlling. Its only been 3 weeks and he is already trying to stop you from seeing friends. What do you think he will be like in 3 months? Unless you are into that sort of thing don't waste your time.

i think he has immature jealousy issues at best
    if you get that upset with a person for meeting their married friend
    and for chosing the friend "over" him (just because you were not free that evening)
    id call that bullshit.
    If he didnt get his shit together id be outa there.

though I would like to hear his side of the story. Because how you write this it sounds quite crazy...
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.