+ Follow This Topic

Thread: should i be mad?

should i be mad?

so my girlfriend leaves the house to run these errands. while she's out she contacts a friend and they hang out until all hours of the morning or even all night. i know that spending time with friends is important but when i talk about it she thinks that i just want to control her and accuses me of such. should i be mad?

depends if she is having sex with them?^^
    and depends if she is sending you a text so you dont worry.

but i think that is not the real problem here

the problem is that you are missing information and that you both have missing or misleading communication in your relationship.
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

if this happens often....where she doesn't tell you things, then yes be mad. I think it's normal to be a little bothered by it but if it's not something that happens often....no real reason to be mad. Just express to her that you didn't appreciate it and you'd wish she would update you a little bit when it comes to things like that.Is this friend someone she has feelings for? or just an actual friend? did she ignore you while she was out?

Why can't you go with her a few times, and why does she spend so long out with this person? Does she call and check in and see if you wanted to do something with her too, or she ignores you altogether during this outings?
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

I think you'd have to share a little bit more detail (if you don't mind) in order for us to better comment. Does she tell you she's going to be hanging out with a friend? Or does she just disappear for hours and hours and you have no idea what happened to her because, as far as you knew, she was just running a quick errand? If she doesn't even tell you, then yes, I would say that is a reason to be upset.

Is the problem that she spends too much time with friends and not enough with you? Then I could also understand being upset. On the other hand, if she DOES tell you about it and it is only occasional, then I wouldn't necessarily think it is any reason to be upset. It is good to have friends outside of your relationship, and sometimes it can be nice to spend all day with friends.

If you can offer more details as to the exact nature of the situation and particularly what about it upsets you, maybe we can offer more valid thoughts.