+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help!!

Help!!

I know this seems long, but just in need of some advice.

So, setting the scene, i've been with my boyfriend for about 5 months. Recently he told me that he felt he wasn't emotionally available but I find that hard to believe as he has none of the characteristics of someone like that, other than a few weeks ago when he admitted he didn't actually love me. Bummer. I think he thought he was jumping in too quick. He says he's going to try to make this work but I feel like I might be getting strung along, although he's the sweetest guy and I know he wouldn't want to hurt me.

On the other side of my life, I played a gig the other day, and this other band was there. There was something about this guitarist playing, I couldn't shake it. I sound crazy but I just couldn't help looking at him. It's one of those weird feelings like I had to know who he was and felt like I should know him in some way. Cue two days later, I have no idea who he is still, i went to an open mic, and there he was. Like ****ing fate or something. Did some asking around and found out who he was. I swear this is so weird but I just have this really strong feeling about this guy, like i'm compelled to talk to him.

So with these two things going on, I don't know what to do. I feel like if I start talking to this guy I might get emotionally attached.. In the way I am with my boyfriend. But then wtf is going on with my boyfriend?! Do I leave it and wait to see how our relationship goes? Or does this urge to talk to this new guy mean that deep down I don't want to be in a relationship anymore? I honestly don't know what's going through my head and I need some advice.

what do you want?
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by nopoint View Post
    I know this seems long, but just in need of some advice.

So, setting the scene, i've been with my boyfriend for about 5 months. Recently he told me that he felt he wasn't emotionally available but I find that hard to believe as he has none of the characteristics of someone like that, other than a few weeks ago when he admitted he didn't actually love me. Bummer. I think he thought he was jumping in too quick. He says he's going to try to make this work but I feel like I might be getting strung along, although he's the sweetest guy and I know he wouldn't want to hurt me.

On the other side of my life, I played a gig the other day, and this other band was there. There was something about this guitarist playing, I couldn't shake it. I sound crazy but I just couldn't help looking at him. It's one of those weird feelings like I had to know who he was and felt like I should know him in some way. Cue two days later, I have no idea who he is still, i went to an open mic, and there he was. Like ****ing fate or something. Did some asking around and found out who he was. I swear this is so weird but I just have this really strong feeling about this guy, like i'm compelled to talk to him.

So with these two things going on, I don't know what to do. I feel like if I start talking to this guy I might get emotionally attached.. In the way I am with my boyfriend. But then wtf is going on with my boyfriend?! Do I leave it and wait to see how our relationship goes? Or does this urge to talk to this new guy mean that deep down I don't want to be in a relationship anymore? I honestly don't know what's going through my head and I need some advice.
    whats happening is that the othe guy is truly connecting with your feminine self, hence the chemistry. Really important for you to be honest with yourself and ask the deepest part of yourself what you want - otherwise you will keep spinning your wheels and never know how to move forward. Learn to listen to your gut

The man whom you are currently seeing has stated that he;

1) Does not love you.

2) Is emotionally unavailable.

Given those two facts, I believe that you should do what he is too afraid to do himself and that is to break things off.

Make sure you do that before approaching this other mystery man.