+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he not interested? Not over his ex?

Is he not interested? Not over his ex?

I've known this guy for almost almost a year now, and we've gotten quite close over the past few months after he broke up with his ex in November. And we've hung out one on one a few times. He'd tell me that I'm easy to talk to and that he can be himself around me, and I thought we could be more than friends.

But we're both in this club that meets every week, and so is his ex. And he'd often go talk to her, or she'd go up to him, and they're always laughing together. I mean, he & I also talk but I can count the times he's approached his ex more than me. And even when they don't interact, he always rushes to leave immediately after each meeting and doesn't care to socialize.

Is he not interested in me? Not over his ex? Did he just say all those things platonically?

Yeah seems like not over his ex yet. Guy is obviously not ready to jump.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I was really hoping that something would come out of my friendship with him. He & his ex were also close friends for a while before they started dating, so I figured if I stuck around long enough as a friend, he'd make a move.
    It bothers me that he talks to her in front of me and gives her rides and hangs out with her outside of club meetings

Why don't you ask him? You don't know until you have a conversation and ask him what he thinks, or if he has the same feelings. If he doesn't, then there's your answer. It doesn't sound like the 2 of you have even gone on a date yet, so what's stopping you from asking him how he feels?

what do you want?
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooo! View Post
    what do you want?
    I don't want drama, and if he still has feelings for her then I'd rather bow out. I'm just hoping for some outside perspectives on whether I'm reading too much into his interactions with the ex

what do you need to do in order to avoid drama and bow out if he still has feelings for her?
    What do you need to do if we assume he does not have feeligns for her still?
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.