+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Asking a girl "out" i met online?

Asking a girl "out" i met online?

Known this girl through a gaming community for a little over 2 years, over the last year we've become decent friends, and the last few months we've gotten real close. spending every day (up to 8-10 hours a day) gaming and talking about stuff happening in our lives (through voice not text). Since we met on a video game and not a dating site, we didn't meet with the intention of anything happening so i felt if i got flirty with her it would seem like i was just a typical gamer jumping on any gamer girl i meet, so i haven't really been very flirty with her, tho we tease each other quite a bit. Anyway, ive never tried anything online before so thats why im asking. Is there an equivalent of asking her "out"? She seems to really like me and i don't want to just be friends for too long incase i miss a chance i thought i didn't have. Ive heard i shouldn'y say anything unless we met IRL but i feel if i was to bring up meeting her IRL atm it would seem creepy since atm we are just friends. tho we are somewhat close (4-5 hour drive away so if anything ever was to happen meeting would be a possibility) Sorry if i sound a little blegh, but i just really like this girl and don't want to regret doing something/not doing something down the road.

are you in a situaiton where you coudl physically meet and get togehter?

the equiavlent of asking her out is to.. ummm.. say you'd like ot meet her and setup a plan to meet. if you're not in the same vicinity then maybe it makes sense to go to attend a convention of some kind related to the game, or an interst group outting related to somethign simlar (say if the game is about .. oh i dunno.. some type of animated heroes.. you can go to comicon or a marvel convention... a comic book convention, an animation festival, etc.) something you two would do individually any way b/c you're interested in it -but can suggest that maybe you can go attend one together or something.

if you are more local than you can also add any of the more traditional dating things as a way of "asking her out" - but still i always recommend a good activity that is of interest to both of you. in the above exmaple maybe the "animation museum of bla bla bla' or if the game is very techno/scientific-based you can go to a local science center or equivalent... etc.

tons of people date that haven't met previously before today due to online dating sites - so its defintieliy NOT weird at all!

I recently met a married couple who met on WoW and knew each other for years there. That's basically their lives and all they can talk about - so yes it can happen and prbably has happened many times already.