+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why did he stop texting me?

Why did he stop texting me?

Hey, I'd like to know what you think about my situation with this guy I've been hanging out with (we're both 17).

We've had four dates and everything seemed to go perfectly well. He texted me all the time, we had lots of things in common and we could talk for hours. He even said he loved me - and believe me, he's not the sort of guy who says that easily, he's really shy about that stuff. But suddenly he stopped texting me as often as he used to, and his messages became shorter and less enthusiastic. He haven't seen each other in almost 3 weeks - he did apologise, but his excuse is that he's been hanging out with friends and playing this new video game he's bought. It's been a week since he texted me for the last time.

To be honest, I can't say I'm in love with him. Besides, I don't know what to think about a guy who's so busy with his video games that he doesn't have 5 seconds to send me a text. However, I really want to know why his attitude towards me changed so suddenly.

What do you guys think about all this? Thanks for reading this and sorry if there are any mistakes, I'm not a native speaker.

Isn't four dates a too short of time to say love you? He clearly didn't mean it since he stopped reaching out over other people, and a video game? Did you sleep together? Did he try and you refused? What occurred the last date? Text him to hang out and ask him in person, if he makes excuses why he can't write him off for good.

4 dates is enough for L word, especially at 17. But yeah video games can be time consuming. If I had and when I have GF I dont play video games. Also you should say to him right away - "video games or me. You dont give me enough attention, its not enough for me, I dont care what you do just be good to me but right now you are not good enough. "
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will