+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I let go?

Should I let go?

Hi! My boyfriend and I have been together for almost two years. I feel as if I am the only one who puts effort into our relationship. He is leaving for deployment in two months, and meanwhile he is redoing his house, taking classes and working crazy hours. I understand that he has important things to deal with in his life, but it seems like I'm never a priority. We live five hours apart, and the only time we talk during the week is when he is driving to or from work. Every weekend I drive five hours to see him. I have been helping him every weekend for six months by painting his house, redoing the kitchen, yard work, etc.

I make sure to do little things for him like leaving little love notes, sending him chocolate covered fruit, and simple things like collecting boxes to help him move. He never does anything nice for me. I basically begged him for a Valentine's Day card...I'm not saying I want a grand gesture, but a little teddy bear couldn't hurt just to show appreciation.

We have talked about getting married but he wants to wait until after he comes home from deployment to get engaged.

I love him and he is a good guy, but I feel like I might be wasting my time. We talked about his effort and the only thing he could think of that he does for me is spending time with my parents when he comes to visit me. I also spend time with his parents...and he hasnt visited in over 6 months.

Should I stay?

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin99 View Post
    Should I stay?
    should i really answer this question?
    if i can decide what you do with your life can i ask you to send me some bank checks too?

do you want to stay?
    what do you want anyways?
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.