+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 20th Anniversary Idea

20th Anniversary Idea

Hello random Internet person,

My "when we first actually met" anniversary is coming up, our 20th, which is 3 years sooner than our wedding anniversary. I'm going to wait for the official one to spring a huge surprise on her, like a trip to New Zealand or something, and wondered how you might present the following idea (any graphic designers out there welcome)...

I saved our original emails and chat conversations from AOL circa 1997...all but the VERY first page or so, which is a bummer, not sure why AOL didn't print that, but do have like from page 2 onward of that very first, hello over IM. Again, I also have all the emails we (I think all) sent to one another before we actually met a couple months later and continued to email once dating until it didn't feel necessary.

I would love to present her with some kind of "Things Remembered" store token of our love from these writings...the chat is pretty silly/fun, while the emails are the typical "what you did today."

Any ideas on how I could immortalize these before they get ruined in my file folder cabinet?

For an example of a previous idea I did on an anniversary...I purchased one of her favorite wedding album photos of us and had it blown up into an oil like painting without her knowing, then secretly mailed it to the island I booked a getaway on and asked the Inn keeper to hang it on the wall before we arrived. Hoping to at least match that until the actual 20th date.

Thank you in advance for your help.

nicely done!
    as for emails and sayings and exchanged quips.... it's pretty easy today to do slideshows or short videos right?

maybe you could crate a bunch of exceprt quotes in colored/artful fonts with some graphcis around it and create a slide show out of it (where the texts fade in / fade out, move across the screen.....) - then place a meaningul piece of music as the background piece to the video.... not too hard with today's computer softwre and you probaly already either have software on your computer todo this, or can find a free download (Apple computers have iMovie). maybe it can also progress thru your wedding day videos and such too....

another idea may be to do a "this is your life" style presentation where its' kinda like a book... and the book pages contain like a "journal of entires" from your emails and done to a slide show/video with background music too and photos in between the different email entry/quotes (that may depict what you might have done together or photos from that time period of your dating life).. ?

the other thing that came to mind is... i know my buddy had a blanket made for me that was a collage of the many differnet sports uniforms we played together on throughout our athletic careers.. it was aweosmE! maybe ther is a company that can make a blanket with images from your email quotes and exceprts?

the slideshow/video thing is a great thing b/c it'll last long and won't wear out these days

good luck and congrats! The atual 20th anniversary sounds like it'll be a super huge hit and awesome gift

Its all about your ideas. You know the best. I can suggest lots of sex while on muira puama suplement. It makes you feel younger and sex feels better more sensitive. For females theres diferent version with added vitamin D I think. Great libido booster.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 06-05-17 at 05:10 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Thank you Rich

[QUOTE=richiro;1038448]nicely done!
    as for emails and sayings and exchanged quips.... it's pretty easy today to do slideshows or short videos right?

That does sound like a good idea about making the video. I've done my own video editing for my bro's wedding, etc. so can create something pretty good if given enough time..hard part is she's usually around. It took me 6 months to create my bro's wedding album he didn't expect (some online DIY place) and I am going to be pretty busy the coming month or two...but will try!

Oh, you are so romantic. I love men that make a real effort for a woman they love. Very well done by you.

You could look through all the mails and chats and pick out most memorable moments and have a piece of furniture covered in the words from you both with pics of each of you from the times that correspond to talks. Maybe a makeup vanity or pretty side table that she will use later on. Might cost a lot to have someone write it on, or stick it on like decoupage, but I'd love that and your children could have that passed down to them.