+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Step away or not?

Step away or not?

Hi,
    I like a girl, and i have told her already. She doesn't like me back. But the thing is i still like her, and we are very close friends. I wondered if it is smart to put a bit of distance between us to make it easier for myself. But i don't want to hurt her. Also we have a lot of fun when we meet so i don't want to, but because i want to try to 'get over her' it might be wise. I am really confused about what to do.
    Can you help?
    thanks in advance

My good friend liked me in high school and while his confession took me by surprise, I thought it was nice. I didn't like him back, though. Second time, it made me a bit uncomfortable, and third even so.

I know it may be hard if you really like someone but my advice is for you to try toning it down. Understand that you don't want to do anything to push her away or make things awkward between you guys by confessing a second time. I suggest you wait for a few months, see if those feelings is still there before making another move. In saying this, you shouldn't cling to those feelings because although there is a chance of her changing her mind, it will not be 100%. You don't want to hurt yourself if the worst do come to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Gijs View Post
    Hi,
    I like a girl, and i have told her already. She doesn't like me back. But the thing is i still like her, and we are very close friends. I wondered if it is smart to put a bit of distance between us to make it easier for myself. But i don't want to hurt her. Also we have a lot of fun when we meet so i don't want to, but because i want to try to 'get over her' it might be wise. I am really confused about what to do.
    Can you help?
    thanks in advance
    you dont want to hurt her?
    she doesnt even like you

shes probably glad you are away.

and i think you know it
    you are just kidding yourself?
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

Hooo!, thanks for your answer, but i think you don't get what i try to say. She isn't in love with me but we are very close friends. So she probably wouldn't be glad if i were away

if you are romantically interested in her then seduce her.
    give it your best
    and after you have given 100% add another 20%
    seduce her.
    then you will know wether or not she really is your friend or not
    if she says she doesnt want you to then thats ok and it is time for you to go.
    however if she asks you to surpress what you feel and who you are, you will know she is no friend of yours.

and if you dont want to seduce her then you dont obviously like her enough and you can just focus on someone else.
    its not like shes gone out of your life. If you can focus on other girls then you can do that instead.
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

Step away, you are pining over a girl who doesn't want you the same way you want her that is never a good thing.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Well, be her friend and respect her wishes.

Putting space between you and her will probably only result in you two losing your friendship. You either accept that you are friends only or you just cut each her out of your life. This giving her some space so that you have time to "get over her" will probably only have the opposite effect. Wait until she starts dating someone, that should help you get over her rather quickly.