+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Moving forward but not really?

Moving forward but not really?

My boyfriend and I dated for 6 months late 2015-early 2016. He broke up with me last spring, we were apart for the summer, and he came back to me in late summer, telling me he'd made a mistake and wanted another chance. We have now been back together almost a year, totaling almost 1.5 years of being in a relationship.

The reason for the break up was that he had been previously been engaged. The engagement had ended a couple of years prior to us beginning dating. He had been burned, financially and emotionally, and I was the first person he had dated since that engagement ended and he ended up being scared, and not emotionally ready to be with someone else.

Since we have been back together, we've done a lot. We've met the important people in each other's lives, including family, parents, best friends. Whenever he has a party or important event, or whatever, he takes me to it and includes me as I do with him. A lot of emotional has been invested in this relationship.

I'm growing a little frustrated because we almost always stay at his place for a variety of reasons. I'm ok with that, but it is getting a little exhausting to drive to his place 3 times a week. The catch 22 is that I'm tired of driving to his place, but at the same time, I almost feel that 3 nights a week isn't enough together after a collective total of 1.5 years of dating.

He has not brought up living together and it's making me feel like he's not interested or dragging his feet. And I don't want to bring it up for fear of upsetting him if he's not ready. We haven't quite been back together a year, and in my mind I'm giving him until it's officially been a year to bring it up.

I'm asking because I feel like I'm starting to fester some resentment towards him for not bringing this up by now. At least a discussion. Thoughts?

Communication is key to good relationships. Know when and what issues to bring up. If its really bothering you, talk to him about what his idea is on you two ever moving in together.

Keep in mind, you two have been around each other for 1.5 years. Living together can change a lot of things with people. Less space for oneself.

a relationship where you cannot or do not talk about your future together constantly is in my oppinion not a good relationship

a relationship in my oppinion needs aims and a future both partners in it strive towards .
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.