+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I call him?

Should I call him?

Hi!

I had some dates with a man that used to be my teacher like a month ago, we went out like 5 times. I helped him with his work, then we went to eat something and then we had sex, he asked me to stay with him all the night like 3 times at his house.
    But then he went on vacations for two weeks and he told me we would go out when he comes back.
    The problem is that I texted him on Saturday and he didn't text me back, today is Monday and he hasn't text me.
    We don't text a lot but he said he would ask me out and he hasn't text me.

I really want to see him, I know he probably doesn't want a serious relationship but I want to see him again...
    I don't know if I should text him again or if it would look very needy? Maybe I should call him? (I've never called him)
    I'm scared he won't text back if I text him again...

While he was on vacations he texted me and wished me a happy birthday and talked to me really nice, so why would he do that and then ignore my text?
    PLEASE I don't know what to do, I feel sad and stupid but I really want to see him again...

If you already text him once I'd wait for a reply. My rule is if I text you once and no reply, I won't do it again. There is a very small chance that he didn't get it but I highly doubt that. If he wants to see you he will definitely contact you!

Calling him can confirm if he wants to hang out with you, if he picks up or calls back, or that it's done if he doesn't pick up or call back. It can get you our of the suspended feeling of not knowing a bit quicker because there will be no doubt that he get the call. You don't have to leave a message. Some people feel that if you're just texting them you're not really that interested and prefer a call since it's a "real" contact.
    Psychoanalytical Psychotherapist: Online and In Office Psychotherapy Sessions.