+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does true love come back?

Does true love come back?

My boy and I have been dating (LDR) for a year. No labels but it was pretty serious. Recently, he was out traveling with friends for a month and we couldn't keep in contact that much. I didnt even get a special message whatsoever for my birthday and it bothered me a lot. It ended with me thinking that if he really cared, he'd make an effort and it slowly grew to me not caring anymore. Our convos were full of I love you, I miss you. Thats it. When he came back, I just didnt feel anything anymore. I was more confused than ever. I told him I love him but I didnt want him right now and I wanted my independence. So we ended things.

After 2 weeks, I realized that my independence wasnt worth anything without him but I was too late. He still loves me but he's in a bad place. He's bitter and he cant be with me right now. I begged him to stay but he didnt want to. I said Id give him time and id wait. He still says there's a chance he'd come back but we're not sure. I dont know what to do. He said he needed to stop talking with me for awhile. Ive always believed in love overcoming everything. I dont see the point of being miserable when you can just be together and be happy. I dont know what to do anymore. I dont regret getting that time away because I couldnt commit to him 100%. I knew I needed time away from him to think things through or else we wouldve just lied to ourselves. What do I do?

Maybe he now feels he deserves his time away too, or he could be punishing you. Might be best to go separate ways for now, if it is meant to be, it will happen.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

The best method is to just speak your truth and walk away, and mean it.
    It sounds like you already told him that you desired him, he wanted to part ways, and you suggested to him for him to come back if he changes his mind.
    That's all you can do . What happens is up to him.

Start interacting with dating new people and engulfing yourself in hobbies and friendships.

He may come back, strong bonds are not easy to come by, but don't count on this happening. It's best to assume it's over until he shows you proof of otherwise.