+ Follow This Topic

Thread: HOMOSEXUALITY!!?? Is this TRUE love?

HOMOSEXUALITY!!?? Is this TRUE love?

Since this is the "love" forum, I wanted to bring up this subject. I want to know what my fellow posters feel about this subject...this lifestyle.

My son is gay and I have absolutely no problem with that and have never had a problem with anyone being gay. There have been great strides for the gay community and their rights, but unfortunately, there is still a great amount of prejudice and hatred against them around the world.

Do you think they are born that way or it is a choice, for example? I want honest opinions about the subject. I will respect your thoughts as long as they are presented in an intelligent way. Please do not be hateful.

I'd say same genders falling in love is to me the same as opposite genders falling in love. The feelings want, desire is the same, same excitement, longing, missing them with not together, wanting to touch and kiss one another, plan for a future. People will always have some group they rage against and that is sad that people cannot just accept and love one another and be at peace but hopefully those in that situation of being looked at grow stronger in their union not weaker because of it.

I don't know if people are born that way, or is a choice. It could be both ways for whomever. Some straight people, later on, leave their partners to begin a lesbian or gay relationship and that being their first experience with same sex love. So were they just denying who they were always attracted too? Or did whom they found attractive change over time. Must be a lot of studies on this topic though.
    Last edited by lovebroken; 02-10-17 at 08:05 PM.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

I feel like it kind of could be both, you know?

You wouldn't exactly choose to be gay in this world, but I believe in the Kinsey scale. Sexuality is not black or white, it's a scale. While some people live in the extremes, a lot of people live somewhere on that scale, and circumstances can influence them either way.

Yes, gay love can be love just as much as hetero love can be love. Sometimes it's just desire, sometimes it's just experimentation... and sometimes it's love. Simply.

I don’t see the reason for this discussion.
    What do you want to discuss homosexuality for? Any particular reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooo! View Post
    I don’t see the reason for this discussion.
    What do you want to discuss homosexuality for? Any particular reason?
    After I posted this, I thought perhaps this really wasn't the format to do so. I really appreciate the responses from ellsemies and lovebroken. I guess I wanted to discuss the subject because of my son. I wanted to get a feel of what the tolerance was out there.

Haha yeah whatever you say

Actually there are statistics about gay acceptance. It varies by culture and country but is generally higher >80% then you’d think.
    However you will still meet intollerant people like one always does.

Since I don’t buy the concept of true love I can’t judge on that.
    However what speaks against two gay people being deeply in love or having the same relationship(problems) like everyone else?!

Personally, I think love can be just the same, and equally as meaningful and powerful with same sex love as it can with opposite sex love. And I also don't personally think it is a choice. I don't feel like you can help who/what you do and do not find attractive. Just like some guys find breasts attractive, some guys find butts attractive, and then there are all sorts of fetishes out there ranging from the fairly benign to the very bizarre. LOL! I don't think you can necessarily help what "turns you on," so to speak. And, I think your sexual preferences are much like that.

In that sense, I don't really think you can choose to be gay any more than you can choose to be straight. You can choose to EXPLORE one or the other, but it isn't like you can just be the world's straightest person and suddenly be like "Hey, you know what? I'm going to be gay now."

But, again, those are just my personal thoughts on the matter. God knows I certainly don't know for sure if I am right or even close. LOL! I know that has been my personal experience for me, though. I'm straight and, though I can certainly acknowledge when a guy is an attractive person, it still doesn't change the fact that I don't personally find him attractive. I can't just change that about myself any more than a gay person can just decide to be straight.