+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice please

Advice please

I have been with my boyfreind for two years and we are really happy, we do not live together yet but have plans to in the future and see each other many times weekly,

I have anxiety and it is a massive pain in our relationship, he has told me he sees a future with me and us living together in a few years and wants to enjoy our relationship but I constantly ask him the same questions- do you see us living together etc, even though I know tho answers as he has already told me several times before and it drives him crazy

Why can't I just believe his answers and accept them why do I constantly ask them again ?

Any serious advice I would be grateful for thanks

Do you know if there are things he is waiting for or want to accomplish before you guys live together?

Financially it's not possible for a few years and he isn't ready for that yet he has commitment issues but said in a few years he will be ready to live with me why can't I just accept he wants that why do I question it all the time it's causing conflict between us he said I just need to not worry it's going to all be ok just stop asking

I think it's natural to be anxious if you are waiting on something for a few years. He should be understanding about you asking since there is so much unknown. What if financially, things don't improve. What if his commitment issues don't go away. I am not sure how he says everything will be ok.

I don't want to put doubt in your head, but these are natural questions.

Thankyou for your reply

Apart from logically understanding that he wants to:
    Do you really doubt internally and emotionally that he wants to be with you in the future?