+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex Kissed Me

Ex Kissed Me

Me and my ex fiancé broke up a month ago. We were together for 4 years, engaged 3 years and lived together for over 3 years. We have a 2 year old daughter, we're in our 30's. We fought a lot the last 2 years and the last few months he would ask me "when are you moving out?" during every fight. So I moved out. This was 4 months ago, we tried a "trial separation" but it didn't work - I friended an ex on facebook out of spite from seeing all these new woman appear on his facebook. He changed his status to single a while ago but we officially called it quits a month ago - because I friended my ex. I regretted doing that and deleted that person the next day, it was stupid to add him in the first place. But, he ended up adding a woman that he had feelings for in the past - a woman who emailed him in 2016, in which he responded. She was telling him how much his love meant to her, she was married to an abusive man and I guess my ex was someone she confided in so he says that's why she emailed him. He's deleted my family and all pictures.
    Anyways, a couple weeks ago I decided I needed to fully move on from him when I saw that he "loved" a new picture of hers on facebook. I deleted photos of us on social media immediately, it was time to let go. He started calling me the next day, and ignored all his calls and texts. I only answered one to tell him that if it doesn't have to do with our daughter then I don't want to talk to him. He kept demanding that I tell him why I'm not talking to him and not telling him what happened. He called me day and night, over 30 times, over the next 3 days. I finally answered and told him that I saw that he connected with her on facebook and that seeing him love her picture hurt me. I told him again that I didn't want to speak with him anymore unless it had to do with our daughter. He said he would stop bugging me since I told him. A few minutes after we hung up he text me to tell me "thank you and tom for reconnecting me with my love". Tom being the ex of mine I friended and his "love" being that woman. I never responded. For 2 weeks we had no contact with eachother and I was feeling better. It was really helping me move past everything. Then, last Friday I dropped off my daughter and he tried to hug me, I backed away. I said goodbye to my daughter and left. Saturday I facetimed with her. He texted me afterwards to tell me "you looked good" "on the facetime". I didn't respond. The next day, last Sunday, he dropped off my daughter and tried to hug me again. I reciprocated this time and hugged back. He kissed my neck and my forehead. I caved. He started kissing me passionately, starting touching me - groping etc. He told me he'll always love me. I cried and told him I was sorry. He brushed my hair and kissed my forehead a few more times. We held eachother by the door for a while, then he left. He texted me a few times the next couple days. I responded but was a little short. I was still trying to protect myself because I didn't know why he kissed me. He never said he wanted to work on things, never even implied it. So I was really confused. I asked him last Tuesday when I dropped off my daughter about the kiss. He played coy "what kiss, what do you mean". Eventually he said "well you squashed that by ignoring me again". We talked a couple more minutes then he hugged me again, kissed me again. Touched me again. I said goodbye to my daughter and left. He texted me a few times throughout the week about our daughter. Yesterday he texted me to tell me I should watch "I am Sam" because it's sad, about love for a child. Then another couple texts, "I see your ignoring me again" "why can't you be an adult, it's pathetic". I didn't see the texts for a couple hours so I responded that we were putting up our tree, not ignoring him. We texted a few more times, he called me to talk about splitting thanksgiving time with our daughter. He went out with friends last night, in his hometown that the woman I mentioned lives in. He was supposed to pick up our daughter today but cancelled because he has to work early in the AM. I hope he's not blowing her off for another woman.
    I don't know if he's dating, I'm sure he's entertaining conversations with women on facebook though. My question is - was he attempting to reconnect with me or just looking for sex? I love him, but I need all or nothing - I don't want to get hurt again so I admit I was still being short with him after the kiss. Did I ruin it if he was trying to reconnect? Should I reach out to him or leave it be?

Paragraphs help other people helping you

Do you really need to ask? As soon as you deleted everything, you became a challenge. He's playing games with you. You always want what you think you can't have. If he wanted to get back together with you, he would not be behaving the way he is. He probably thinks he is quite the hot shit by being able to make out with you, knowing you still want him.

I say stop that immediately. Correspond with him only if it has to do with your daughter. He can't have the single life AND you.