+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex-back is there a chance?

Ex-back is there a chance?

Hey women and girls,

My ex-gf and me broke up a couple of months ago. Two or three weeks ago, i told her that i want to stop our contact because i need space to get my head sorted as i wasn't able before, being busy with finishing college and still have feelings for her. Mayen i should add that she told me she doesn't Love me anymore.
    The day i graduated she send me a very emotional message, in which she said how happy she is that i made it and so on.
    I recently got another e-mail from my ex and ask myself if it is possible to recognize a hidden intention relating to the type of formulation used in the message. My point is, that there is a reason she chose to tell me, as she knows this will have an effect on me. She told me, that she prepared the message a day before. She's that kind of person, so it was not something like 'drunk dialing'.

"I know i shouldn't say things like that and i don't want to cause a "comeback", but i'm missing the conversations with you. The people surrounding me don't really unterstand me sometimes. Especially when it comes to movies or music. No one is as precise and detailed, when we're describing things from the past.
    [..personal stuff..], and again, i can neither share the happiness about it nor the dreams about it with anyone.
    [..personal stuff..], and again, of course nobody can understand our experiences.
    Well, i just want to tell you that you are missed. It is said that i can't share the things with you especially after your 'change of mind'."

I'm not sure about the intentions behind this. It may be a game, like trying to stay in my head or getting intention. It may be a try for a 'comeback'.
    I have no clue and i'd be glad about your thoughts on this!
    (If some things sound weird, it is because i'm not a native speaker)

Was it a mutual break-up or did one of you specifically request it? Sometimes, when we think we can't have something, we want it more. It becomes a challenge. If she broke up with you, it sounds like you were still there for her. She can't expect to have it both ways.

You know her best. Is she the type of person who likes to play games? Do you want to get back together with her? If you do, you need to let her know that you are confused about her e-mails. If you want a committed relationship and she just wants someone she can relate to, you need to stick with your decision to end any contact.

Hey thanks for the answer!
    There was no request from any of us. I was very busy with trying to finish university and we were fighting a lot, so I blocked contact to get my things fixed. Well I wasn't in her zone since then and you know from the thread I posted what happened after.The thing is we were never just friends, that's why I'm guessing she cannot miss me just as a friend cause I never was. I would love to hear your thoughts on that! I think there is still love.. but as you can see I'm quite confused and not very objective as I'm emotionally involved.

So, you are the one who just blocked her. When she opened up to you, she mentioned "your change of mind". Again I will ask you, are you interested in getting back together with her? Since you believe she is not just looking for a friendship, it seems like she is reaching out to you. How you get back to her depends on what YOUR intentions are.