+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The night almost ended in sex. He said he isn't ready "yet"

The night almost ended in sex. He said he isn't ready "yet"

So i met with a guy i knew in my past life. Its been years since we have seen each other. We never dated, but it was close to happening in the past.

Recently we reconnected. We are both coming out of bad relationships.

When i saw him recently, he seemed so happy to see me. I could tell that he liked what he saw. He touched my hands and feet throughout the date. He paid. He mentioned during this time that he would be out of the country for 3 months. As the night progressed he asked me if it would be okay if he stole a kiss. I agreed. Things started to get heated but i pulled back. I didnt let it get to sex. We both knew we wanted each other but he respected my decision. When i was trying to decide what to do in those moments he told me that he isn't ready for a relationship "yet." That he doesnt want to hurt me. He wants to be honest. He doesnt want me getting attached to him. That he wants to see what happens when he gets back. Maybe he will be ready then, but he doesnt want to make any promises because he might not be.

After we departed he texted me that he had fun and that he hoped i got home safe.

I dont really know what to make of the night. The whole thing seems totally unexpected. I didnt expect it to go this way. A part of me doesnt want to see him until after he gets back. A part of me wants to see him again before he goes. Any advice? What does all this mean? What would you do if you were me?

What do you want?

If you see him before he leaves, what are you expecting to happen? What do you want to happen? He was straight forward with you.

"I didnt expect it to go this way" What did you expect? There's not much more for the two of you to discuss before he leaves. I think if you get together, you will end up having sex.