+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Internet mutilates short guys?

Internet mutilates short guys?

Well ladies correct me if I am wrong. I understand that women like tall guys. I stand 5'6 and I am 20. I've started to get into dating and had one girl outright say to me that my height was NOT a problem as long as I was taller. I've got friends that are shorter than me and honestly not as good looking have good amount of success. Hell more of my short friends get more than my tall friends. I've heard college girls in my generation say height isn't a big deal as long as I am taller. I see short guys attached to shorter girls in public too. I don't have issues with my height, I honestly like where I am at. But to be honest reading stuff on the internet would give any self conscious dude some serious concerns. It is outright hostile and morale defeaters on some of the crap I've read online. My entire family is short MARRIED men that I just realized this holiday and I'm one of the tallest standing over them! My cousins even date short men! One of my closest fishing buddies who stands 5'3.5 just got married a 2nd time! So maybe I haven't dove into the dating world deep enough yet but from what I see if I can find someone around my height or shorter, everything is fine! I honestly think that the internet is hostile on this topic and is labeling women as deal breakers over height. In the real world I'd like to compare it to a guy imagining his ideal model figure but picking someone outside this image. Am I completely wrong?

So here's the thing. I am attracted to guys who are taller than me and i am pretty short (5'0"). If the guy has a hot body and a cute face even better. But the personality counts too for sure. I find guys with confidence incredibly hot.

I have also noticed that many guys lie about their height. I'm not sure if they know they are lying or they have been lied to about their height haha. Some guys are around 5'1" - 5'2" but they will claim to be 5'6" - 5'8". There is a big difference.

In any case, there are a lot of things to consider, not just height. Would you really want somelne who would not be interested just because of your height? Pretty sure you have more to offer than just height ...

To be blunt if you claim you don't have an issue with your height you would not be posting about it. Oldgal is giving you a good tip "guys with confidence incredibly hot". Be confident about
    yourself, yes it can tough if it doesn't come natural. Find a short girl if that helps you, besides... short women are smoking hot.

The truth is it doesn't matter, be positive and focus on the things you CAN change.
    Oldgal and Mr are right, attitude is everything.

I mean, I wish I had a chiseled jaw line like Brad Pitt, but instead I'm stuck with a baby face. Haha!
    But honestly I like me just the way I am!

Good personality and humor still are big yes's to most women, so is intelligence. I think women who are extra tall above regular heights are more wanting a tall man over average height women, 5 ft 5 and under.

What does the internet have to do with it?