+ Follow This Topic

Thread: in love with my best friend

in love with my best friend

Hey everybody the fng here. Hopefully somebody can help me. I've literally signed up so i can get things off my chest hopefully for the last time. Here goes. Me and my now best friend who is female, I'm male btw have known each other for about 2 years now the problem is she is in a same sex relationship. When we first met she wasn't in a relationship and was mad about me but i don't think i wasn't about her at the time i just couldn't admit it. She was on and off with her girlfriend for a while and to begin with it never bothered me but a while ago they split for quite a while and i really fell for her. I told her how i felt and she felt the same but i dragged my heels and they are now back together and living together. I think about her all the time and all the what if's and buts. It kills me but I'd rather she was happy then not. She sometimes says things that make me think we might have a future but I'm not sure. I'm so lost about it i don't know what to do with myself half the time.

Hi, I have just signed up as I too need help and to get things off my chest. I hope I can help you out here.

You both being best friends give you a unique bond already. You might have dragged your heels because you weren't 100% sure if going for her was the right thing. She is now back in her relationship so that would hurt to see her with someone else trust me I know the feeling.

Do you think you love her romantically and can see a future with her? or is your heart holding back because your worried t might not work and you'll loose your friendship? Because if you have any doubt that it won't work then trust that instinct!

But at the same time if you love her you have to tell her weather she is happy or not. If she rejects you that's ok too, because we humans spend so much time hesitating. Say what's on our mind or you'll regret never speaking up, if she says no then you can close that chapter and start to heal and move on when you might just meet the right girl

I hope this has helped

What do you want?

Hey thank you for the reply. I thought this was just going to be lost in the Internet never to be seen. Hell yeah i see a future with her and love her romantically but that's just me i guess. Even if it didn't work i don't think it would ruin what we have now. Kills me to see her back with her lass because i know she treats her like shit and doesn't see what she has or appreciate her like i do and I've told her this. I hate feeling like this about someone and getting stuck in a rut. Some tough decisions to make today!

What do you want? I want her

Then how can you be with her?
    Make us a list of possible interactions from your part