+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In love with a friend

In love with a friend

Hi,

I like my female friend a lot. I already told her this five years ago, but she wasn't into it. However, I never tried to win her right (I'm bad at picking up girls in general). We didn't hang out that much over the past five years, but we started being very good friends recently. I feel like I could get together with her romantically, but I get jealous when we go out with other men that I feel she likes. We have a great chemistry, we both feel very comfortable around each other, she likes me and respects me a lot, she tells me personal things she wouldn't tell any friend, my presence calms her and she loves to spend time with me (when I'm not being weird). I think I'll start hanging out with her only when I don't think I'll be jealous. Maybe we get together if I act normal (not like a pussy).

Thoughts?

Jealousy means you fear that she might be with someone else.

Since you are not with her the whole thing is useless
    Get together with her first

Then come back if you still think jealousy is your issue

Quote Originally Posted by Canee View Post
    Hi,

I like my female friend a lot. I already told her this five years ago, but she wasn't into it. However, I never tried to win her right (I'm bad at picking up girls in general). We didn't hang out that much over the past five years, but we started being very good friends recently. I feel like I could get together with her romantically, but I get jealous when we go out with other men that I feel she likes. We have a great chemistry, we both feel very comfortable around each other, she likes me and respects me a lot, she tells me personal things she wouldn't tell any friend, my presence calms her and she loves to spend time with me (when I'm not being weird). I think I'll start hanging out with her only when I don't think I'll be jealous. Maybe we get together if I act normal (not like a pussy).

Thoughts?
    You don't try to "win" women. That's a bad attitude, you too should see yourself as a prize.

If I was in your position, I'd be straight up ****ing genuine.
    "Say, I can't do this pure platonic thing, it just doesn't work for me, i think you're really great, youre so beautiful and fun to be around.
    I would love to take you out for drinks sometime"
    Wishy washy response?
    "Ah, okay. Well, if you ever change your mind, please let me know"

Then I'd walk away forever. She knows how to reach me. I'd start dating other women.

There's a good chance she just doesn't view you as a romantic prospect in all honesty. But life's about going for what you want, that's masculine energy

Glyc im just so stubbed sometimes when I notice how far you have actually come

It’s astounding