+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What to talk about with the girl I like?

What to talk about with the girl I like?

Hello everyone,

So I like this girl for 3 years now, and we have been chatting, just minor conversation like "how are you?" "what are you doing today?" etc.

We met 3 years back when she studied abroad at my Uni. Ever since she went back home, I haven't seen her since. She lives in Korea and I live in the US. I've been trying to study abroad there but the tuition is expensive.

Today I told her that I miss her voice and she then said "I can call you" which took me by surprise.

It gets me nervous because I don't know what things to talk to her about. I don't want the call to be like 30 seconds long with just "Hi, How are you?"

I don't have that much experience talking to girls so I don't really know what type of topic gets the conversation going.

What should I do?

talk about how you can hook up of course. a ldr sucks. you want to be face to face so you can make out with her. discover how you can meet in person. tell her your romantic feelings for her. discover how she feels about you.

talk about what you and her have been doing for past three years, families and friends. you should be able to talk for days if you really like this girl. work on a plan to end up in same location sooner or later in korea or usa.

Quote Originally Posted by bunnyhabit View Post
    talk about how you can hook up of course. a ldr sucks. you want to be face to face so you can make out with her. discover how you can meet in person. tell her your romantic feelings for her. discover how she feels about you.

talk about what you and her have been doing for past three years, families and friends. you should be able to talk for days if you really like this girl. work on a plan to end up in same location sooner or later in korea or usa.
    I already told her my feelings towards her a long time ago. She said that ldr dont work and i was fine with it. She just broke up with her boyfriend because she said that she thinks that they are not compatible for each other. i think they have only been dating for a few months.

For now, I am just fine with being her friend, but I am really trying to go to Korea so I can see her. I am hoping that there is still a tiny spark of feelings inside of her that I could ignite when we get to see each other because when we met before, I got this feeling that she kinda liked me, even just a bit.

I have done her wrong in the past by acting like a little b*tch and this time, I am planning on not ruining the 2nd chance she gave me.

I do really like her, but what I have in mind to talk about might be boring for her.

What do you have in mind to talk about? number one should be to ask her "does she kinda like you, even just a bit" and what future does she think you and her will have if you both lived close by. this should give a clear path on wheather to persue moving to korea to be friends or lovers. if she has any kind of feelings for you she should not find any conversations with you, boring.

I kinda know the feeling like this. When I haven't seen the person I like for a few months, I tend to forget about that person or lose feelings. That might be the case for her, thats why the belief inside me that if we meet, that lost feelings inside her towards me would come back, is what is pushing me forward. Even when I haven't seen her in years, I still like her.

I kinda dont want our call conversation to be about whether she still like me or not since like I mentioned earlier, I messed up before and acted like a little b*tch and I don't want to ruin the 2nd chance she gave me.

with your attitude I believe any further contact is fruitless. just ignore her and move forward to relationship with someone new and ac more mature and manly.

if you truly had feelings for her finding things to chst about would be easy. you are just trying to gain her to recoup your ego about losing her before.

I agree with the above. This line of thinking won't get you far in the relationship. Actually, there is not really a relationship since you haven't gotten very far. When you start to get to know someone, there should be tons to talk about rather than ask her what the future holds.

If that's the case, then I guess I have no choice but to give up on trying to get her. I might just probably tying to get my ego back, idk. Honestly, I think maybe the reason why I talk to her was probably because I see my chance in her, which I probably dont have on other girls, this is painful for me to say, but that is what I could come up with after thinking through with my actions towards her.

I dont have that much confidence and self esteem when it comes to talking to other girls. I am not as entertaining to talk with as the other guys that I know. For some reason, my neutral look prevents people from approaching me.

i dont know what to do anymore. Shes the only girl that approached me before and now im acting like a leech on her. I'll probably just give up in looking for a significant other.

Thanks guys

unfortunately with your feelings of no self worth and everyone being superior to you, you are setting yourself up for a long lonely life.

suggest you get professional self esteem counseling to turn your fate around.

Yes, work on improving yourself before thinking about moving to a foreign country. It will only be harder since you can't communicate as effectively since English isn't their primary language. You will need to exert confidence via other means.