+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Enzo Amore was sacked from WWE!

Enzo Amore was sacked from WWE!

About time, too. This guy behaved like a pervert, his voice was like nails on a chalkboard when he spoke, and he was so obnoxious, and would not shut up. Plus, he made their cruiserweight division look stupid, when wrestling fans love it.

Well, his "how you doin" kinda pervy vibe was sort of part of the character, so you can't necessarily fault the CHARACTER of Enzo Amore for being like that. Not only that, but him never shutting up was also part of the character. If you hated him because of it... that just means he was doing his job.

....However, if the accusations about him are true, then he's a scumbag of a human being and I'm glad he is gone. In scandals like this, I always hesitate to jump to ANY conclusions. For all we know, the charges against him could be 100% made up by some low life just looking to cash in on his celebrity status.... or they could be 100% true and he is a disgusting slimeball. Or, the truth may fall somewhere in the middle. So, until there is more news in that regard, I will not jump to any conclusions.

Jester, do you have a subscription to the WWE Network? It's only £9.99 a month, and you can view all the archived matches. Last night, I watched the first Elimination Chamber match, which is the one where Shawn Michaels became the champion in November 2002 after he retired for a number of years due to a back injury. When they went PG several years later, those type of matches became very dull. There wasn't really any high risk spots or blood anymore. RVD did a frog splash off the top of one of the chamber pods and he ended up crushing Hunter's throat in the first one. Wrestlers were getting pinned in just two moves in the recent matches of this variety. In this one, you had Booker T, RVD, Kane, Triple H and Chris Jericho. Nobody was eliminated until after the 30 minute mark.

The Survivor Series matches are equally as pitiful. Everybody runs in and hits a finisher. Somewhere in there, they end up eliminating someone. One year, I seen Finlay take one boot to the face and he was out already. Finlay was way better than that, come on!

The Royal Rumble is also a mixed bag. Now they have an actual women's match this weekend besides the main one. Before, some women appeared in the regular match. Kharma (Awesome Kong) and Chyna, and Beth Phoenix.

Yeah, I've got the WWE Network. It's okay, I guess. But these days I don't watch all that much. I "watch" each week's Raw and Smack Down. I say that in quotations because I mainly just fast forward through the majority of the show just so I can see what happened and I watch a few things I want to see. It just isn't as good as it used to be and I can't sit through 5 hours of it a week.

I was a HUGE fan of the attitude era... but even I can admit it did sometimes go overboard. The ultra-violent stuff can be fun.... in the proper moderation. Problem is, I agree with you. They went the complete 180 on it and instead it seems we almost never get that stuff. It sort of makes some rivalries feel a little boring and flat when they can't escalate. I get they lean more towards the kids these days, but some matches just call for something more adult than PG.