+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it unrealistic to be satisfied with a new partner after 60?

Is it unrealistic to be satisfied with a new partner after 60?

Widowed after wonderful marriage. Eventually dated some men. It’s been 6 years and I’m in a dilemma now. Dated a man on and off for 5 years. Sex is great (still) and chemistry too. But he has almost no money for retirement and he is 65. I’m 60 have saved money and want to enjoy my retirement in a few years.

Then I met someone else some time ago. He can take care of himself for retirement, very nice, educated and a professional like me but little chemistry. Sex is just ok (at best). I enjoy his company and he is good to me.

Do so I accept someone as my life partner who falls short in some respect like chemistry or finances, or start all over knowing no one is perfect (including me)? I do want to at least find a partner to live with even if I don't marry.

DIdnt you post this issue months ago?

Sounds like a typical bad boy sex vs. good boy/security situation.

option [URL=http://www.loveforum.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1[/URL] . Decide if sex or security is more important. Will you always think about the one you did not choose?

option [URL=http://www.loveforum.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2[/URL] . This is a bit wild and out the box but: At your age you might decide you want the remainder of your life on your own terms.
    Is a friend with benefits situation with Mr. Sex available with Mr. Security's consent? Is it worth the risk to even bring it up?

option [URL=http://www.loveforum.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3]#3[/URL] . Stay with Mr. Security and work on raising his A game in bed, because it is too late in life for Mr. Sex to get his retirement plan in order.

I'd like to suggest you don't settle for either just because you'd like to live with someone as time goes on. I'd suggest you stay focused on finding love in a quality relationship (vs money and sex) and much of the rest will take care of itself. As far as money issues, there are legal contracts about that to address any concerns.