+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Whats the best way to approach this girl and show her im interesred?

Whats the best way to approach this girl and show her im interesred?

a girl i would see around school last year. I wanted to talk to her, but i had no balls and didn't actually know how to talk to a girl i was crushing on back then.

So all that i would do is look at her in the hallways and stuff. she caught on cause she started reversing it, being the one who would stare at me and all that.

I asked her out one day. It came out of nowhere, and I was awkward about it. We had never even talked before. She told me she has a boyfriend (i found out later this was a lie) and thats how we left off.
    The weird thing was, after I asked her, I would see her staring at me all the time. I guess i think maybe she panicked or was shy and just fell back to the boyfriend excuse. Tbh, i was weird about it and came on way too strong.

Fast forward to this year I moved on and liked someone else for a while, but it isn't going to work out with her. I think enough time has passed to give it another shot with this girl.

Weve talked once or twice in a group setting this year, and everything has been normal between us. Every now and then I still see her sneaking a look at me or something. Im a good looking, popular senior guy. she's a beautiful, popular sophmore girl. Were pretty alike. We both really enjoy art and drawing and we both run track & have the same fun personality.
    We see each other a lot throughout the day, even though weve inky ever talked the one time, and we have a lot of mutual friends.

I was going to just approach her one day, make some joke about how she probably thought i was crazy, tell her she's beautiful and I want to "start over" and get to know her. Hopefully get her number or Snapchat

Another option would be to start talking to her and build a friendship. I was also recently friendzoned by a friend of hers (even tho she liked me first) so i was thinking of asking her about this girl i want to talk to So is it worth a shot to approach her again and how should i go about it? My only problems is not knowing how to approach her. Ik that if we start talking i have a good chance.

I have really improved myself as a guy since last year (more popular, more fun, dress nicer, actually able to talk to girls now) and i want to give this another shot.
    Im talking to other girls too but i want to do this because i have nothing to lose. I just dont know how to give myself the best possible shot. So is this worth it and how should i do it?

Also is it normal for a girl to just panic and go back to the boyfriend excuse, especially cause she didnt even know me, even if she thought i was attractive.

TLDR She rejected me a year and a half ago I was pretty weird back then Ive really improved as a guy since How do i go for it?

Hi sally it’s me
    I just wanted to apologize for a yearago because I was so weird.
    I just learned and grew as a person.
    I have always wanted to get to know you better and now want to pick that up again and do ... with you this Saturday

Honestly, whenever i got rejected by women i just stopped there. Later on down the road i would sometimes get a message from them, sometimes a month or even a year(s) later.

Ive tried the multiple times thing and it never really worked. Even when i felt like there were signs.

If you tried again, i wouldnt even mention the first time. Id just be direct, and have fun with it. Talk to her with whatever and say.. Hey, i have ro run but we should definutely stay in touch.. whats your number? **start pulling out your phone because naturally women always give you it* Lol

I do agree with GLYC that, generally, if you get shot down once it probably means the person isn't interested. Generally speaking, you aren't going to change their minds.

...But that doesn't necessarily mean that is always the case. So, given your circumstances, I think my advice would be to go for it. Even if only because this way at least you'll know if she's just not interested in you, or if maybe something about the way you asked before just put her off. Maybe she'll just decline again, but at least then you will know.

Because, if she was interested then she PROBABLY would have said yes then... but it certainly could be possible something about the way you asked caught her off guard and she just kind of, on a gut-reaction, said no. You never know.

As for how, to be honest, I don't think the how matters all that much. Within reason, of course. If somebody is interested, they will be no matter how you ask, and if they aren't interested they won't be no matter how you ask. Again, within reason of course. If you said something to her like "Hey, want to see my collection of lamps made out of my human victims?" That might be different. LOL! I mean, at least that line never worked for me, anyway.

I'm sort of on the fence about whether your new approach involves mentioning/apologizing for the last time. I sort of lean towards thinking you just shouldn't even bother to bring it up... but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe I'm wrong on that. So, I will at least say this for sure. If you DO decide you'd feel better mentioning it... I would suggest doing it sort of casually/almost like a half-joke. Don't make a big deal out of it like you are really apologizing for doing something wrong. Just laugh it off almost like "Wow, I was such a goober back then." I think making too much of a big deal about it could just have the negative side effect of reminding her about whatever it may be that caused her to say no, if indeed it had anything to do with how you asked.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    I do agree with GLYC that, generally, if you get shot down once it probably means the person isn't interested. Generally speaking, you aren't going to change their minds.

...But that doesn't necessarily mean that is always the case. So, given your circumstances, I think my advice would be to go for it. Even if only because this way at least you'll know if she's just not interested in you, or if maybe something about the way you asked before just put her off. Maybe she'll just decline again, but at least then you will know.

Because, if she was interested then she PROBABLY would have said yes then... but it certainly could be possible something about the way you asked caught her off guard and she just kind of, on a gut-reaction, said no. You never know.

As for how, to be honest, I don't think the how matters all that much. Within reason, of course. If somebody is interested, they will be no matter how you ask, and if they aren't interested they won't be no matter how you ask. Again, within reason of course. If you said something to her like "Hey, want to see my collection of lamps made out of my human victims?" That might be different. LOL! I mean, at least that line never worked for me, anyway.

I'm sort of on the fence about whether your new approach involves mentioning/apologizing for the last time. I sort of lean towards thinking you just shouldn't even bother to bring it up... but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe I'm wrong on that. So, I will at least say this for sure. If you DO decide you'd feel better mentioning it... I would suggest doing it sort of casually/almost like a half-joke. Don't make a big deal out of it like you are really apologizing for doing something wrong. Just laugh it off almost like "Wow, I was such a goober back then." I think making too much of a big deal about it could just have the negative side effect of reminding her about whatever it may be that caused her to say no, if indeed it had anything to do with how you asked.

Good luck.
    I agree, it does remind women of the negative things and in a lot of cases, it makes you look insecure if you're apologizing for nothing. Which can make women back off, it basically triggers something inside of them that makes them unsure about you.

I do think it's important to own up to mistakes at key moments, like if you did something really rude or hurt your woman's feelings. But you definitely do not need to be overly apologetic, don't apologize for wanting a woman, or for just being you.

Also. Please don't use the word "Goober", unless you want to try to sound like Ned Flanders. I laughed pretty good at that sentence Jester. Lol

If I need to apologize, I just say stuff like "Look , i messed up, I did this and this.. Etc. I'm sorry, that was rude and I regret doing that. I should have done this.. etc", and then I start having fun again, no need to get locked onto the negatives.

What wpuldmyou apologize for here? Asking her out, and then asking her out again? Lol. Don't be silly.

"I'm sorry I was awkward while asking you out last time, now I'm awkwardly bringing this up while asking you out again"

Don't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by GLYC View Post
    Also. Please don't use the word "Goober", unless you want to try to sound like Ned Flanders. I laughed pretty good at that sentence Jester. Lol
    Oh. Dang it! Is that word not in with the cool kids these days? I swear, I just can't keep up. But, okily dokily. Goober is out. Noted.

Yeah, the way you describe it illustrates very well why I leaned towards thinking it better just to not even bring up the awkward last time. Because, again, what are you really apologizing for in this case? You didn't do anything wrong. Or, at least I don't think so. The OP wasn't terribly specific about how they asked/what they said. I mean, I was always sure my lamp line would get all the ladies, and it never worked for me, so you never know.

But, it sort of compromises the confidence you should be trying to project. At least if you apologize for it as though you are actually apologizing for having done something. Again, if you kind of more laugh it off, I think that at least shows enough self-awareness to admit when you've been a goober....err...a weirdo, but still shows confidence in yourself that you've grown from your gooberish ways.

But, again, I'd personally think just ask her again and act like it never happened. But, if you absolutely feel like you would only feel better if you did say something, then at least just make it super casual. Like "Ha! I was such a goober back then..." Oh wait, no... goober is out now. What do kids call it these days? Screwball? Spaz? Dweeb? Trump?
    Last edited by TheEvilJester; 29-03-18 at 11:11 PM.