+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you do or where do you go?

Quote Originally Posted by GLYC View Post
    Exactly. The thing is, most people don't take action, I've been there as well, on both spectrums.

You really do need to make your exterior a reflection of your interior.

I'm not saying you need to be "jacked", or anything. But some basic exercise, and eating right a good amount of the time will do wonders.

I know people that mope around and complain about everything. Career, their body, their life, etc but they never take action. You have to participate in your own rescue. It takes discipline, and doing things that you don't want to do, but it's totally worth it. When you're proud of yourself and your accomplishments you will show off a different vibe.

In fact, I would argue most people just give up in life, meaning, they settle on all aspects of life.

They get into relationships with people just because it's "going okay", they work a job just because it pays the bills even though they hate it intensely, they hate their appearance but think going to the gym is too much work.

Yet on the flip side, I see single dad's that are in great shape, go back to school to pursue their dreams, etc. That find great women.

I'm not trying to bash anyone, but it's just things that I've noticed in my own life experiences.

I firmly believe that women are a supplement to an already great life. If you're unhappy with your life, introducing a great woman to it will only give you temporary satisfaction, eventually once the honeymoon period phases out, and you're back to a routine life, you'll once again be unhappy.

I couldn't agree with this more. Even though it hasn't necessarily been my personal experience, I've still seen so much positive benefits from these kind of things that it is worth it anyway.

But, as I said, that hasn't exactly been my personal experience. I've done all that. I workout these days after years of just sitting around being too lazy. I eat much better. I wouldn't say I have a super health-nut kind of diet. I eat a decent diet yet still enjoy myself now and then. But, a lot better than what I used to be like in the not so distant past. And it all has wonderfully positive effects. I did all of that FOR ME, not because I wanted to pick up women, or wanted to be more attractive or anything like that.

And, in all honesty, it hasn't changed my experience as far as other people. I feel no less out of place in the world... I just feel that I've accepted myself so much more. Hell... I embrace my weird. I like that about me. That's not something I could really ever say before.

But, I still, 100%, with every fiber of my being believe this to be true anyway. Maybe it hasn't helped me any as it related to other people or to love, but I still feel like it can for anybody else. Because it just makes you feel so much better about yourself. And you really can't understand how much that helps out in every aspect in your life unless you have actually experienced it. Whether you notice or not.... whether they even notice it or not, people do pick up on those vibes. If you are too negative, that can turn a lot of people off instinctively. If you are more positive, people pick up on that.

Not to mention, when you feel more comfortable in your own skin it can make rejection easier to handle. It can also make it easier to carry that positivity into dating and be more likely to succeed anyway. And, as I am living proof... even if it doesn't help in that aspect, the positive benefits are still way too much to ignore anyway. Life is short. Why spend it miserable if you can do things to help make yourself happy? Not that I am saying it is always so easy... but it is worth it to keep fighting for you.

depend on the person you are looking for
    i love to travel so i meet girls when i travel this way when i meet some one we have allot to talk about and when we start to date and travel together its amazing
    do what you like to do and meet people there
    or if your not looking for something serious you can always go to a bat or night club or something

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    I couldn't agree with this more. Even though it hasn't necessarily been my personal experience, I've still seen so much positive benefits from these kind of things that it is worth it anyway.

But, as I said, that hasn't exactly been my personal experience. I've done all that. I workout these days after years of just sitting around being too lazy. I eat much better. I wouldn't say I have a super health-nut kind of diet. I eat a decent diet yet still enjoy myself now and then. But, a lot better than what I used to be like in the not so distant past. And it all has wonderfully positive effects. I did all of that FOR ME, not because I wanted to pick up women, or wanted to be more attractive or anything like that.

And, in all honesty, it hasn't changed my experience as far as other people. I feel no less out of place in the world... I just feel that I've accepted myself so much more. Hell... I embrace my weird. I like that about me. That's not something I could really ever say before.

But, I still, 100%, with every fiber of my being believe this to be true anyway. Maybe it hasn't helped me any as it related to other people or to love, but I still feel like it can for anybody else. Because it just makes you feel so much better about yourself. And you really can't understand how much that helps out in every aspect in your life unless you have actually experienced it. Whether you notice or not.... whether they even notice it or not, people do pick up on those vibes. If you are too negative, that can turn a lot of people off instinctively. If you are more positive, people pick up on that.

Not to mention, when you feel more comfortable in your own skin it can make rejection easier to handle. It can also make it easier to carry that positivity into dating and be more likely to succeed anyway. And, as I am living proof... even if it doesn't help in that aspect, the positive benefits are still way too much to ignore anyway. Life is short. Why spend it miserable if you can do things to help make yourself happy? Not that I am saying it is always so easy... but it is worth it to keep fighting for you.
    Exactly. If you feel good or bad, subconsciously you will often give off vibes representing that.
    It shows up in your posture, your tone of voice, how you handle situations, and how you phrase things.

For example, rejection. One person's response, "But we had so much fun together, why don't you want to go out with me again? I was so nice to you", versus, "No worries, that's disappointing but I understand, i did have a great time with you however and who knows maybe I'll catch you again some other time"

It might be a stretch in both ways, but it's really a person that's able to accept rejection versus, someone who can't. The person who can, they value themselves, their inner mentality is "Wait wait wait, you don't want to go out with me? Okay, your loss, I'll likely hear from you again but even if I don't, it was great while it lasted" Without obviously saying something like "your loss"

Theyre overall Not overengulfed in a super cocky aspect, but they just think of themselves as a high quality person. And we all should feel that way about ourselves. (While retaining our humbleness and our ego in check)

I'll say this. As much as it sucked and went on for me for WAY too long... there's part of me that wouldn't change the terrible way I thought of myself for much of my life. Not only was it a large part of making me so much stronger... but it has helped me to appreciate it so much more now that I am finally realizing my mistakes. Plus, it very nearly guarantees that I am pretty damn unlikely to ever become one of those people I hate so much... those people who are so into themselves and think they are God's gift to the world. If I ever became that kind of person, I'd rather somebody execute me immediately. LOL!

I finally appreciate me, but I do so with an understanding that I'm just another guy. I finally realize I'm pretty damn swell... but I also realize I'm not the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Who'da thunk putting on a mask could help to finally unmask the real me I should have let myself be all along?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12