+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice need on getting back with my girlfriend

Advice need on getting back with my girlfriend

Here's the story. She said she needed to be alone so we broke up. She told me that she loved me and that she wanted to be with but that she felt she needed time alone. All I know is that I really miss her and when I talk to her best friend she says that she misses me to.

I want to send her a suprise card..A HUGE poster size card with a letter on one side and the other... CAN I KEEP YOU? hoping to get her to tear up and swallow her pride..we are both stubborn and come back to me.

Oh sh*t, now you made me hungry; I have to go grab a sandwich now

can I get a serious reply

Quote Originally Posted by BLT
    can I get a serious reply
    only if you go back, and choose a serious LF name, it's very similar to mine - except I'm not named after a sub!

Okay, I'm actually going to take some advice from Cybog, and start contributing, here's my chance: I hope I don't **** it up like everthing else!

BLT: We will NEVER understand the mind and psychology of the female mind. They are a different breed. They say they miss us, but their actions tell us different.

Maybe she is putting on a show. Maybe she is a very shallow person, and is playing with you, by saying she misses you, and not wanting to be with you:

Some woman are EVIL like this

I say hold your own. Be firm, be a man. here's how to be a man:

Tell her, look lady, I miss you, and want to be with you, and I've heard you miss me too, so that's that.

If she is uneasy, and says something like:

"i miss you, but I don't want to be with you" - it won't be this short when she says it - it will probably be about a 5-10 minute conversation, which you could sum up in the quote i just wrote - so look out for it.

when / if you know she told you the above - be proud, and walk away. you don't need this kind of woman in your life!

who agrees with RSK?

BLT can I get a serious reply
    Can I get a "whoop-whoop?"

Ok, this:
    She told me that she loved me and that she wanted to be with but that she felt she needed time alone.
    Is her polite way of saying "I want to end it with you, please don't be mad, I still want to be friends in case I can't find someone else out there soon."

'Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95

Ok, this:

Is her polite way of saying "I want to end it with you, please don't be mad, I still want to be friends in case I can't find someone else out there soon."

'Nuff said.
    woah, your good

but what do you think of my theory above?

it's the first time i've given advice to anyone here

NO, no you can't.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

RSK, can you give Aaron back his avatar?

RSK, can you give Aaron back his avatar?
    do i have to??????????

Give her the space, that's the only way you're going to have a chance. What has been said may be very true. You know this girl better than all of us so you're going to have to make a judgement call. A lot of the time women say this as a polite way to let you down....Othertimes it's just the truth. Either way don't get your hopes up and act like a man. If you start looking pathetic and needy you aren't going to win this one. Be strong and even consider playing hard to get to a degree. Act like you could go either way but you'd be willing to try it again if she wanted.

Hey bud my regular advice is to stay away from these kind of girls needing space- a break- time alone and all the similar bullsh'it.. in the best case (id est they are not willfully cheating you) they are f'ucking-all the time-messed up people who will just make you feel their anguish. Its impossible to have a serene and reassuring experience with them. So just let her go bud.. keep well

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Here's the story. She said she needed to be alone so we broke up. She told me that she loved me and that she wanted to be with but that she felt she needed time alone. All I know is that I really miss her and when I talk to her best friend she says that she misses me to.

I want to send her a suprise card..A HUGE poster size card with a letter on one side and the other... CAN I KEEP YOU? hoping to get her to tear up and swallow her pride..we are both stubborn and come back to me.

So your hearing from her friend that she misses you? ok thats a start. If a girl talks to her friends about you....in a good way.....then more then likely she is missing you. Why did she want the break to begin with? Did she give you any explanation?

You can try doing cute stuff like that......but bottom line is ......it doesn't mean she will come back to you. The other guys do have a point. Make it clear to her that you want to get back with her....but also make sure she realizes that you won't wait around forever. It's really not fair to you...to wait....when she may be unsure for a long time. Its really your call on waiting when it comes down to it....but keep your options open. There are other girls.

If she really does want to be with you.....only time will tell how she feels. But I do think you should be direct in asking her whats going on....